The clouds ruined the Luna Eclipse for me last night

pete_6109

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ramaglia.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was all set up with my DSLR, tripod, 400mm Sigma lens and remote release. The moon was full, but the clouds were rolling in.
I only managed to get one shot off before the clouds completely obscured the moon. That was the end of my night, but I did get one shot off.

$DSC09928.jpg

Your utter was too slow :mrgreen:

Should've tried HDR. ;)

The clock ruined it for me.

Would have been better if I spelled it right, udder, but it's been a really long day cause I got up at 2 AM to see it too :(

You and me both. One Lunar eclipse ruined.. three more to go.

On October 8 of this year the next lunar eclipse happens... but best viewed in western states and provinces. For eastern states and provinces the moon will be setting as the moon approaches greatest eclipse.
On April 4 2015 (next spring) there is another lunar eclipse, but again... best viewed in western side of the continent and even there it's not so great (the pacific ocean is the best place to view it).
HOWEVER...
On Sept 28 2015 (next fall) we get a really good one for the eastern states and provinces again. This time the moon begins to eclipse just after moonrise in the evening and we can watch the entire eclipse occur and don't even have to stay up into the wee hours of the night to view it. Western states miss the very beginning of the eclipse but the moon still rises before the moon begins to pass into the Earth's umbra (the darkest area of shadow behind the planet.)

After that we don't get another good lunar eclipse visible from north america until 2019.

You and me both. One Lunar eclipse ruined.. three more to go.

On October 8 of this year the next lunar eclipse happens... but best viewed in western states and provinces. For eastern states and provinces the moon will be setting as the moon approaches greatest eclipse.
On April 4 2015 (next spring) there is another lunar eclipse, but again... best viewed in western side of the continent and even there it's not so great (the pacific ocean is the best place to view it).
HOWEVER...
On Sept 28 2015 (next fall) we get a really good one for the eastern states and provinces again. This time the moon begins to eclipse just after moonrise in the evening and we can watch the entire eclipse occur and don't even have to stay up into the wee hours of the night to view it. Western states miss the very beginning of the eclipse but the moon still rises before the moon begins to pass into the Earth's umbra (the darkest area of shadow behind the planet.)

After that we don't get another good lunar eclipse visible from north america until 2019.

Thanks for the info Tim. Looks like you did your researrch.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back