The Coffee House

i dont the wife and debt does i just get gray hairs over it.

Ok, well might sound a bit harsh, but frankly - so what.

Your wife bought the place. You may not have wanted it, but you've got it now. So, as granddad would say, get up off your keester and go make something of it. So you didn't want the restaurant, so what. Put 110% into it anyway, for her sake.

If it still fails at least you can hold your head up high and say that you did the right thing and honored the oath you took when you married her. If not and the place succeeds, then you'll have more than enough money to buy more gear you really don't need and more certificates that mean nothing to hang on your wall.

i dont the wife and debt does i just get gray hairs over it.

Ok, well might sound a bit harsh, but frankly - so what.

Your wife bought the place. You may not have wanted it, but you've got it now. So, as granddad would say, get up off your keester and go make something of it. So you didn't want the restaurant, so what. Put 110% into it anyway, for her sake.

If it still fails at least you can hold your head up high and say that you did the right thing and honored the oath you took when you married her. If not and the place succeeds, then you'll have more than enough money to buy more gear you really don't need and more certificates that mean nothing to hang on your wall.
dude i don't even cook wth i know about the food business. Lets see, rental, mortgage business, flooring and building. Nope. Never had a food business dont know jack and no interest.

it might finish driving me bankrupt though. :bouncingsmileys:

i guess it gives my teenager a summer job that is something...

dude i don't even cook wth i know about the food business. Lets see, rental, mortgage business, flooring and building. Nope. Never had a food business dont know jack and no interest.

A lot of people who don't cook own restaurants. You can be there taking care of a ton of other things - helping supervise employees, cleaning, restocking, inventory, etc, etc, etc.. there are a mountain of things you could be doing other than flipping burgers.

You could also spend some time in the kitchen there and learn - again, may not be your dream but it is apparently hers. So help her make it come true. Not rocket science by any means.

A lot of people who don't cook own restaurants. You can be there taking care of a ton of other things - helping supervise employees, cleaning, restocking, inventory, etc, etc, etc.. there are a mountain of things you could be doing other than flipping burgers.

You could also spend some time in the kitchen there and learn - again, may not be your dream but it is apparently hers. So help her make it come true. Not rocket science by any means.
your putting me on a guilt trip

help i lost my arm
11303450_614818565287319_67652291_n.jpg

you think i over editing this?

i just looked at the commercial lease (new one three year) found about ten problems in it within the fifteen pages im thinking a child drafted it so much for big business. I knew a guy once that sold a bar and wrote the deal on a cocktail napkin that made more sense.

It got hot today. Mary Lou said it hit 108F ... At 5:00 p.m. it is 103F. No humidity (10%) ... Just hotter than hell. The forecast is 70F tonight and tomorrow we are suppose to drop some 15 degrees. All-in-all a bit weird. If it stays hot tomorrow, Gary is gonna slip on some trunks and go work on the pond ... All afternoon.

It got hot today. Mary Lou said it hit 108F ... At 5:00 p.m. it is 103F. No humidity (10%) ... Just hotter than hell. The forecast is 70F tonight and tomorrow we are suppose to drop some 15 degrees. All-in-all a bit weird. If it stays hot tomorrow, Gary is gonna slip on some trunks and go work on in the pond ... All afternoon.
FTFY

It got hot today. Mary Lou said it hit 108F ... At 5:00 p.m. it is 103F. No humidity (10%) ... Just hotter than hell. The forecast is 70F tonight and tomorrow we are suppose to drop some 15 degrees. All-in-all a bit weird. If it stays hot tomorrow, Gary is gonna slip on some trunks and go work on in the pond ... All afternoon.
FTFY
So Gary needs to use a snorkel instead of the inflatable raft?

I sent my D600 in for the shutter repair yesterday. Feeling a little sad.

I'm headed off to VT today for a few day of camping with my wife, daughter, and another couple who is expecting. Should be a good time. I dusted off my old Sony NEX 5N for the trip. I remember why I bought a DSLR. I also loaded up the old Minolta with some Portra and packed some film into the bag. I really do need to convince my wife to let me buy and store a developing kit and scanner. With developing and scanning film running right around $14 a roll, it wouldn't take long to get the investment back.

Most reactions

Back