What's new

The Coffee House

today the Feuilleton of my morning paper ... Frankfurter Allgemeine ... ran a review of a Russian theatrical piece currently staged in Vienna. The author shocked me with a moment of truth when he says that slavery may be abolished, but whoever can afford it might rent humans ad libitum until today....

IMG_20171023_210315.webp
 
today the Feuilleton of my morning paper ... Frankfurter Allgemeine ... ran a review of a Russian theatrical piece currently staged in Vienna. The author shocked me with a moment of truth when he says that slavery may be abolished, but whoever can afford it might rent humans ad libitum until today....

View attachment 148679
Unfortunately, the ignored reality of our world is never as pleasant or righteous as we desire.
 
The guy who runs the Strobist blog uses all Fujifilm cameras now.

I'm safe though. There are no local stores for me to go hold one.
 
The guy who runs the Strobist blog uses all Fujifilm cameras now.

I'm safe though. There are no local stores for me to go hold one.

I sense the force is calling you.
 
Who here watches TWD? Who do you think was in the two graves?
 
The guy who runs the Strobist blog uses all Fujifilm cameras now.

I'm safe though. There are no local stores for me to go hold one.

I sense the force is calling you.

I can’t do it unless I sell all of my Nikon gear first. And that sounds like a lot of work. Since I don’t know what I’m missing, it’s much easier to ignore haha.
 
The two guys that did the NICE work were subcontractors for the guy with the SUPER nice wife. I imagine because of her he lost his arse on this job. The SHECO guy that showed up didn't have their missing pole on his work order. But he called in and got a subcontractor bunch out here quick.
Now if we get phone and Wi-Fi back tomorrow all will be well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Just watched some YouTube videos on Photoshop. My head is spinning. What a remarkably powerful program.
 
Dave thinks Gary is a cool dude.
But go Astros!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
LOL ... Gary thinks the teams match up evenly ... Verlander really put Houston's defense and LA's defense in the level. It should be an extremely competitive series.
 
Gary is running the A/C. He thinks it’s the first time this month. Gary expects to run the A/C tomorrow. Go Dodgers!

That's crazy. Temperature here was 45 as Sadie and I headed out for our morning walk, but the sky was clear and that beautiful blue that it's been the last couple days. Such a nice morning that we made the full 2 mile loop through the woods. One of my favorite times of the year!!
 
Last time Houston reached the WS they were a National league team and got swept by a red hot Chicago White Sox team. They have never won. Last time LAD won they had to go through the Astros to do it. I'll be rooting for my boy Dave Roberts and LAD but will not be sad if Houston wins it. They've had a tough year and seem like a great team. Love that Verlander has pledged to donate all of his post season earnings to the Hurricane relief. Also love Alex Cora (who is on his way to manage the BoSox yeay!). Cora is a former Dodger and Red Sox who is now bench coach for Astros. Lots of interesting overlaps with these two teams.

Raining here this morning but going to clear up for the day. Lots of rain and wind expected tomorrow should strip a lot of the pretty foliage from the trees. I have a photo meet up on Saturday morning that will probably be a bust!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom