What's new

The Coffee House

If it’s a high voltage line, the electrician won’t be cheap.

Wouldn’t that be the responsibility of the power company?

The line between the utility's pole and the Point Of Attachment is. But the only thing ON the house that's theirs is the meter itself. The owner is responsible for the weatherhead, POA, riser, meter socket, wires in the riser etc.
 
I haven't had to pay but I got wire care so with that as part of the monthly bill they come fix whatever. Was worth it when I had to have something done years ago.

They're good at tree trimming all over the place to run new lines... oh wait that was the phone company this past week.

You'll probably have to pay Sparky overtime, it being a Sunday.

Hope you're able to get it taken care of soon David.
 
A friend of a friend is an electrician.
He is supposed to come after lunch tomorrow. If we have to get a whole new pole it's going to be rather expensive.
Life. You'll never get out of it alive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Finished up the last of the major maintenance items on the RV this afternoon. Over the past month, I've repacked the wheel bearings, and put new brake shoes on, cleaned the roof and treated, wash, wax and buffed the beast to a high shine, and lastly, dropped the bottom to access the tanks valves (replaced the seals in one, and lubricated the rest). Now I'm done for another year, and ready to finish packing for our next trip.
 
Pats game. Let’s go!!
 
Finished up the last of the major maintenance items on the RV this afternoon. Over the past month, I've repacked the wheel bearings, and put new brake shoes on, cleaned the roof and treated, wash, wax and buffed the beast to a high shine, and lastly, dropped the bottom to access the tanks valves (replaced the seals in one, and lubricated the rest). Now I'm done for another year, and ready to finish packing for our next trip.

Where’s the next trip?
 
Finished up the last of the major maintenance items on the RV this afternoon. Over the past month, I've repacked the wheel bearings, and put new brake shoes on, cleaned the roof and treated, wash, wax and buffed the beast to a high shine, and lastly, dropped the bottom to access the tanks valves (replaced the seals in one, and lubricated the rest). Now I'm done for another year, and ready to finish packing for our next trip.

Where’s the next trip?

If all goes well with doctor this week, will be headed to Missouri. Sadie and I will be spending a few days at the farm hunting and wife will be visiting family in the area. After that who knows. Trying to get our short trips in before we head south for the winter after Christmas
 
Finished up the last of the major maintenance items on the RV this afternoon. Over the past month, I've repacked the wheel bearings, and put new brake shoes on, cleaned the roof and treated, wash, wax and buffed the beast to a high shine, and lastly, dropped the bottom to access the tanks valves (replaced the seals in one, and lubricated the rest). Now I'm done for another year, and ready to finish packing for our next trip.
Doesn’t sound like retirement to Gary.
 
C072F336-810C-4C45-AC06-4DD34CDE0649.webp
4C362FE5-3A25-4315-8FB9-260243D8A9F8.webp
A6F1EF74-265A-40F1-A773-ACB0F0623344.webp

Gary made another pizza, half pesto and half marinara and more Chicken Carbonara.
 

Attachments

  • 8FF89A62-EF81-45E7-A41D-50A06F477CCF.webp
    8FF89A62-EF81-45E7-A41D-50A06F477CCF.webp
    918 KB · Views: 156
  • FADF3BF7-475E-409D-9191-9F9082E56D8D.webp
    FADF3BF7-475E-409D-9191-9F9082E56D8D.webp
    982.5 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
I see the photographer, Samii Stoloff, that was injured during the Penn State - Michigan game is doing OK. She caught the shot of the player just before being hit, or "run over" as she puts it. Hope everyone around here made it through the weekend without being run over; and hoping Samii can be out there next weekend covering Big 10 football.
 
Dave had earplugs in because the generator is loud and that's all he could hear. Almost overslept but all is well and Dave is parked waiting for Jodi.
The tricky part of the power pole is what's hurried underground from it over to the house. Should be more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom