The Coffee House

We actually had some snow yesterday. We had a dusting on the cars and grassy areas but nothing on paved surfaces. There are still two small patches out back in front of the sheds. We're not expecting below-Zero temps, but a low in the 'teens on Friday.

Great start to my day. DW wanted me to get up at the crack of dawn to go to a local grocery store that had a special "while supply lasts sale"....Eggs $2.99/dozen, and Chicken Legs $.59/lb. While she stayed in bed I hauled my butt out of bed, backed out of the garage into a dreary, cold, drizzling rain. Got to the store, I was 1 of only 3 in the whole $%$# store, no one else was crazy enough to get out in this weather. So then it's over to Walmart to do a pickup order for her (of course it was late getting ready). Then it was back to the drugstore to wait for opening time, they only had one of two that I ordered. Back home, I pull in the our nice clean, dry garage to unload. I open the hatch on the car, and out rolls a large bottle of Soy Sauce, which exploded in a spray of glass and Soy Sauce all over the floor, my shoes, and pants legs. 30 mins of cleaning, sweeping and mopping the floor later, I finally get the groceries unloaded....DW still in warm bed, says I didn't here you come in. :concern: So how is every one else doing this morning?

Oh no Smoke, I thought you were going to say the eggs... they stink after a time no matter how you clean.
Temp wise. Well I have managed to get out in the workshop, did some wood turning. Tonight I really really I mean it I really must do some photography. Club comp on Mon and I still dont have the photos... let alone mounted and labled

@smoke665 I thought the story was going that you dropped the eggs! Do you have an Aldi? I think eggs were going for $3 dozen last week.

@CherylL the eggs were in front. Truth be told it would have been easier to clean up eggs, than shards of glass and soy sauce.

Sorry, Smoke. We've had that happen, though we usually catch it before it falls out.

A dozen eggs were as much, if not more than two gallons of gasoline. I'm considering building a chicken coop.

15:30... Sitting in the Social Security office in Raleigh New Jersey...... Still haven't been able to get morning coffee and I've tried multiple times.
At least after a sandwich the rage is subsiding a bit, but I need my fix of sweet black devil's nectar that is coffee.
How do people live like this?

Great start to my day. DW wanted me to get up at the crack of dawn to go to a local grocery store that had a special "while supply lasts sale"....Eggs $2.99/dozen, and Chicken Legs $.59/lb. While she stayed in bed I hauled my butt out of bed, backed out of the garage into a dreary, cold, drizzling rain. Got to the store, I was 1 of only 3 in the whole $%$# store, no one else was crazy enough to get out in this weather. So then it's over to Walmart to do a pickup order for her (of course it was late getting ready). Then it was back to the drugstore to wait for opening time, they only had one of two that I ordered. Back home, I pull in the our nice clean, dry garage to unload. I open the hatch on the car, and out rolls a large bottle of Soy Sauce, which exploded in a spray of glass and Soy Sauce all over the floor, my shoes, and pants legs. 30 mins of cleaning, sweeping and mopping the floor later, I finally get the groceries unloaded....DW still in warm bed, says I didn't here you come in. :concern: So how is every one else doing this morning?

Hopefully no security cams were active to catch the show!

Hopefully no security cams were active to catch the show!
Don't you mean "A shame no security cameras ..."?

I'll have to check that out. I know people that have graduated from Salisbuty State University (they have a really good Geography program) on the Eastern Shore. The other thing that the Salisbury is known for is chickens. Lots of chickens.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
15:30... Sitting in the Social Security office in Raleigh New Jersey...... Still haven't been able to get morning coffee and I've tried multiple times.
At least after a sandwich the rage is subsiding a bit, but I need my fix of sweet black devil's nectar that is coffee.
How do people live like this?
The quick-caffeine fix: a handfull of instant coffee crystals chased down with a Mountain Dew.

@snowbear one of my friends built his, moves it every few days all over his backyard. The chickens eat the bugs, fertilize the yard, and provide eggs for the family.

It's a tempting idea but we are in suburbs. No HOA, but I'd have to check the County ordinances. Not to mention I know nothing about raising chickens.

Most reactions

Back