The Coffee House

I'll try the bee balm this year. I also usually plant butterfly plants and another red trumpet shaped flower the name of which escapes me at the moment. I'm looking for a place in the yard where I can put an arbor and train orange and yellow trumpet vines to grow, which grow very well here and bloom throughout the summer months.
That's a great idea! We have a small yard now- the biggest plus is that it's fairly open at the moment, because of all the clearing out of junk and debris left by the former homeowners, and we removed no fewer than four dead pine trees.

Here's one of them, sailing over the roof of the house while we watched. It was kind of a white-knuckle moment (Don't drop it!!!!!) but these guys were pros.

20220809_134044.jpg

It's nice to have a blank canvas, so to speak. I want to get only native trees, and pollinator friendly flowers and shrubs.

Here's one of them, sailing over the roof of the house while we watched. I
There is an art to what they do. Several years ago my office was right on the line with my neighbors big oak tree that had grown huge with big limbs that grew out over my office and his shop. I don't know where he found them but two guys showed up one day to take it down. No equipment, just a truck, ropes and chain saws. Piece by piece they took down the limbs, secured by the rope swinging them safely to the ground. Once the limbs were gone, the tree came down the same way from the top.

Afternoon all, still stuck indoors which is now driving me totally crazy as not allowed out on my own yet.

Had some excitement last night at our neighborhood coffee shop/gas station. A woman scorned went on a rampage attempting to kill her Ex husband's new girl friend by running the woman over with her car (which had her 4 kids inside). She rammed into the building twice finally crashing through the front doors and glass. of the building The girlfriend managed to get to safety with only a broken hand and a few scratches from the attack. The crazed woman then jumped out of the car with a knife ran inside the building and stabbed her ex twice before fleeing the scene with her still running car. From there she dropped her kids off at a relative, then tried to out run the sheriffs deputies, before finally giving up. The ex was seriously injured but will survive. The building sustained quite a bit of damage in the melee. The woman is in county with no bail, charged with attempted murder. Man I miss not running calls anymore.......

Nothing exciting here... made a crockpot chicken yesterday, and today it's corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, and parsnips in the slow cooker. Since I WFH and don't have a long commute, and the spousal unit has to commute for her school nurse job, I get to do most of the cooking, which I enjoy as much as photography and gardening. Baking some soda bread this afternoon, and hoping that Spec's will still have some Guinness available when I go out.

Nothing exciting here... made a crockpot chicken yesterday, and today it's corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, and parsnips in the slow cooker. Since I WFH and don't have a long commute, and the spousal unit has to commute for her school nurse job, I get to do most of the cooking, which I enjoy as much as photography and gardening. Baking some soda bread this afternoon, and hoping that Spec's will still have some Guinness available when I go out.
So now they have the makings for a drive-up window, the hard way.

On my last day as a dispatcher I had somethiong like that - domestic related stabbing/shooting with a short high speed chase. Got to go out with a bang, I guess.

So now they have the makings for a drive-up window, the hard way.

On my last day as a dispatcher I had somethiong like that - domestic related stabbing/shooting with a short high speed chase. Got to go out with a bang, I guess.
I haven't been by to see how bad it is. I guess the morning coffee locals are lost without their hangout.

I ran several bad ones over the years, domestic calls were always dangerous. We live in a peaceful valley where not much goes on, but out here in the country EVERYONE has guns and knives, including us on domestic calls. When tempers flare about all you can do is hold short till its over and package the survivors for transport.

hi all,
Knives. Seems everyone is out to stab someone else. As a scout back in the 60s and 70s I always had a knife on my belt as did most of the other scouts. No one went round stabbing other people. I still have a knife with me when I walk the dogs on the beach: fishing line and hooks are often left on the beach.

Decided to have a day out with the camera and revisited a place it is fun to watch others. These three had been washing their boots until I called out. " Smile you are on camera".
A short time later my boy decided to see if the other person taking photos had any dog treats in their pockets. Here is an up stream shot of where I was standing. After this shot it started to get dark/dull and bitterly cold so I finished the coffee and called it a day.

Attachments

• CAUGHT 14.03.23.jpg
    CAUGHT 14.03.23.jpg
    658.5 KB · Views: 9
  • ANY TREATS s 14.03.23.jpg
    ANY TREATS s 14.03.23.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4651.jpg
    IMG_4651.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
The little 4yo grandson was in town this week. Daughter had work in the area for her NP Master's. He was very good, just busy! I don't want to see the show Blippi for a long, long time. The 3 grand girls were here one of the days. They are on spring break. The 3 pups are exhausted today :) They will hide in corners to sleep and come out when he is snacking for any dropped food. :lol: I took photos of him one day, which he did great with just the two of us. It was a short 10 minutes session.

Aww bless. G kids are great> spoil them rotten, let the get mucky as the like then had them back lol
The show Blippi? Some kids programme? Here its sponge bob square Pants. There is even a version going on at the local(ish) theater.
Save me......................

Aww bless. G kids are great> spoil them rotten, let the get mucky as the like then had them back lol
The show Blippi? Some kids programme? Here its sponge bob square Pants. There is even a version going on at the local(ish) theater.
Save me......................

I don't want to see the show Blippi for a long, long time.
I'm afraid to even mention the one Lil'Bit was hung up on for fear that the ear worm will come back, Baby Shark.......drove us absolutely bonkers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back