The Coffee House

I get flood alerts via phone and e mail, but I had to sign up for the service

..."Coffee with cream, please?"

I always like to guess. :) I'm struck by how similar many words are across certain languages, even if nuance is difficult.
Sahne is cream, and Schlag (Schlagsahne) is whipped cream. Schlag literally means to beat or hit. There are a lot of cognates between English and German.

Hi all, feeling sorry for my self. Heavy cold,sneezing like mad taking me ages to type this as keep having to put I pad down. Just watching the boat race, wanting to be there with camera. nearly gave in to a GAS attack, there is a canon RP plus lens for 799.00 GBP used of course. Was very tempted, think if I was able to drive on sat I would gone and had a look at it....
Speedy recovery to you!

Our surprise for my wife was a complete success! When the doorbell rang, I was conveniently busy, so I couldn’t get it. She opened the door and was shocked to see her mom, dad, and sister standing there. The dinner on Sunday was also a success. My three sons chipped in and got a 20lb bone-in prime rib roast, and it came out if the oven perfect! I made the berry torte sans strawberries and made a fresh batch of very lightly sweetened Schlag. The strawberries went in a separate bowl along with the same fruits on the torte for those who have gluten intolerance. The crust was made from ginger snaps, honey graham crackers, and walnuts.

Attachments

• 5B43D186-5F2E-4FCF-B942-4A754412549E.jpeg
    5B43D186-5F2E-4FCF-B942-4A754412549E.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
Hi all, feeling sorry for my self. Heavy cold,sneezing like mad taking me ages to type this as keep having to put I pad down. Just watching the boat race, wanting to be there with camera. nearly gave in to a GAS attack, there is a canon RP plus lens for 799.00 GBP used of course. Was very tempted, think if I was able to drive on sat I would gone and had a look at it....
Feel better soon!

Our surprise for my wife was a complete success! When the doorbell rang, I was conveniently busy, so I couldn’t get it. She opened the door and was shocked to see her mom, dad, and sister standing there. The dinner on Sunday was also a success. My three sons chipped in and got a 20lb bone-in prime rib roast, and it came out if the oven perfect! I made the berry torte sans strawberries and made a fresh batch of very lightly sweetened Schlag. The strawberries went in a separate bowl along with the same fruits on the torte for those who have gluten intolerance. The crust was made from ginger snaps, honey graham crackers, and walnuts.
Wow! Going to have my daughter contact you to plan my next birthday party!!! Glad it went so well, I’m sure she was thrilled.

Studio cleaned and dusted from all the %$#%^& pollen. Went with a 3 light simple set for Easter this year. Exposure/ratios, dialed in close, all set for Lil'Bit in the morning.

Hardship. True suffering...

Its official, spring is here, the yellow swallowtails are here and all over the creeping phlox blooms.
Not quite yet, mate. Light snow overnight here...Just arrived male robins are duking it out for turf--and females later.

Hi all, well managed to spot the unicorn ... sorry doctor unicorns are more common. Now have meds for poss chest infection. On the plus side, finally by chance found the filters I thought were lost for good. How and why they were stored with the bed linen, towels, etc I have no idea . Thanks for the kind thoughts and msg.

How and why they were stored with the bed linen, towels,

I feel for you. I've gotten to the point where I start questioning whether I actually had something while I'm searching or i just thought I did. Then I find something else I didn't remember having and forget was I was searching for in the first place! 🤪

Smoke, thanks. It’s when you have replaced the item and then you find the original.

I love it when a plan goes without a hitch - this sounds like a wonderful day for your family. You all deserve it. ❤️

These berry tortes look so gorgeous it's almost a shame to eat them - but I would totally get over it. ;) All that and a ginger snap/graham cracker crust, too. (Can you guess my favorite dessert yet? I'm always on the lookout for some kind of berry torte, flan, creme brulee, etc - my faves!!)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back