The Coils

LightSpeed666

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Doesn't seem like it, but this was hard to do.
They are not from an electric pole. Just old Coils from a vehicle.
They have been sitting there for a long time.
Most folks won't see the rule of thirds in this. I only say that because I keep seeing photos with subjects set way off to the left or right with , sometimes overwhelming dead space on one side of the frame or the other.

tz63kOO.jpg

Last edited:
So, vehicle springs after all.:)

Actually "Struts" an internal part of modern day suspensions, they replace the individual spring/shock with an integral part. Left to rust on the ground, they can also become "art where you find it" . Nice catch.

I considered lowering my car but these look as tough they'd raise me well above the bloody speed humps/ramps/sleeping policemen, what ever you wanna call them we have here. Instead I just put on 20mm wheel spacers and a front chin splitter, which will hopefully stay intact if negotiate said speed inhibitors with due care and attention.

Doesn't seem like it, but this was hard to do.
They are not from an electric pole. Just old Coils from a vehicle.
They have been sitting there for a long time.
Most folks won't see the rule of thirds in this. I only say that because I keep seeing photos with subjects set way off to the left or right with , sometimes overwhelming dead space on one side of the frame or the other.

tz63kOO.jpg

Inseen your previous post and I thought those were coil springs.

Nice shot. That's something that needed to be shot close up and centered on the lower 1/3rd as you've done so I don't see a problem with it. If it were a picture of a say, a swan on a lake you could open it up with a lot of space around it to show the beauty of it's surroundings as well as the swan. If done right a subject can be put way off in one corner to show the vastness of a scene. Just remember, there are no rules, just guide lines so you can do whatever looks ok. Others may not agree but many people don't understand art, either. You put the struts in the lower 1/3rd which is a visually pleasing place to put them with this type of pic. You did well, my 2¢.

you learn the rules so you know when to break them. the comp. works in this one. i like the old and rusty metal springs against the rustic wood.

I like the colors and textures.

Most reactions

Back