The Colosseum At Night

Xdwardo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Greetings all. Presenting The Colosseum... in Rome.

2530977356_e6788eb1db_o.jpg

A fine idea but I think you may have pushed too long on the exposure, which makes it a but muddled.

I personally would also like to correct for that yellow and try to crop it a bit differently.

this is a really great picture. you really get sucked in by the lines. personally, i would like to see the building to the left get cropped out. it doesn't fit quite right with the rest of the photo.

this is a really great picture. you really get sucked in by the lines. personally, i would like to see the building to the left get cropped out. it doesn't fit quite right with the rest of the photo.

Thanks for the comments :) The reason I left the building in on the left was that it was a block of apartments.. and so odd to see this historic structure with folk just living right next to it. Probably doesnt really show as well as it could though. But thanks anywho :mrgreen:

With the lines of the cobblestones, your eyes are drawn to 2 different points of focus. It that your desire? Thinking that the colossium is your main subject, you might try second version with a crop. I would suggest you select the street and decrease the brightness a bit since it too pulls your eyes down. No reason you can't have multiple versions of a shot. I do like the night light effects.

2530977356_e6788eb1db_o.jpg

With the lines of the cobblestones, your eyes are drawn to 2 different points of focus. It that your desire? Thinking that the colossium is your main subject, you might try second version with a crop. I would suggest you select the street and decrease the brightness a bit since it too pulls your eyes down. No reason you can't have multiple versions of a shot. I do like the night light effects.

To be honest I wasnt intending on having multiple "drawing points" if thats the right term. I was hoping the white pathline would draw your eyes up to the structure... its funny though whenever I stare at this picture, I always find myself wondering "just who is sat in that car on the left... and what are they waiting for?"...

I think the intent is nice, but I'm not really liking the image.

I find there is too much yellow in the image and too much emptyness up on top. There is also a bunch of flare (or is that dust?) in the upper half of the image that is not appealing.

I also find the two bright lights on the right hand side totally steal the image from the colosseum, as does the one of the far left, but not as much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back