The Cove - Gore, VA

jowensphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This started out as one single image. I just changed the exposure and made several copies (I think this ended up with 7 separate images) then blended in PS. I'd like to go back and actually bracket rather than cheating in post and do some panos. All my panorama's from that day are awful since I shot handheld.

The halo around the mountain in upper-mid-right bothers me as well as the one around the rock. Also noticed there appears to be a "dark halo" at the shoreline, but it was in the original photo as well. I did attempt to change it in PS while blending the layers, but then ended up with a white halo in the water. The darker is less distracting, IMO.

Anyway, thoughts, C&C & etc are always appreciated:)

$finished copy.jpg

I like this image and the only halo that is distractive is the one on the rock lower right. The shoreline looks natural because it is just that a wet shoreline. I would not worry about the mtns as it looks like more light might be behind the mountain.

Thanks! This took me for.e.ver. to finish. This is something new I've been playing with while taking a very welcomed break from portraiture.

Good point about the wet shoreline. You'd think I'd have thought of that considering I was there... and you know, water is wet. lol

Nice shot, personally the rock does not distract me.

I didn't see the halo at the mountains, at first. The rock is a little more obvious. It's still a good photo.

Thanks everyone! I worked on this for quite awhile, always nice to have hard work appreciated :)

Most reactions

Back