The Cradle of Life

Do'Urden's Eyes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I think this statue is holding a child to the sky... Anyways, this is in Osgoode Hall in Toronto, On.

Osgoode_.jpg

Tips for improvement are encouraged.

i thought about a fill flash but i like the way the only lighted part of the statue is where all the lines meet. I think it would have distracted from that motif.

I rather like the silhouette effect, with only his hands being lit it draws the attention well.

Wonderful background, though I think it does slightly distract from the 'cradle of life'.

Still a beautiful photograph.

Timmy

A beautiful building and a beautiful photo. Love the warm light coming from above. I agree with your choice on the lighting, Do'Urden's Eyes, it makes me feel as though the statue is lifting is baby up from the shadows into the light. How about that insight ;)

A beautiful building and a beautiful photo. Love the warm light coming from above. I agree with your choice on the lighting, Do'Urden's Eyes, it makes me feel as though the statue is lifting is baby up from the shadows into the light. How about that insight ;)

Haha thanks. And i do like that insight. I definitely had that in mind :lol: But art is what the viewer makes of it. :thumbup:

I see what you're going for, but for me what you have is an odd dark shape that takes away from neat architecture. You probably could have zoomed in a bit more and cropped some of the statue, but I think that would have ruined the larger effect you were going for.

I also would have gone for a fill flash of some kind... at least a little bit... just to bring out a LITTLE detail.

Still, nice eye for subject and I like the composition.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back