What's new

The curtain

SquarePeg44 5

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Mar 18, 2013
Messages
16,692
Reaction score
18,291
Location
Boston
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not sure if I like these or not... don't hold back!

1
$publicgardencurtain.webp

2
$publicgarden_0064_edited-1.webp

3
$publicgardencurtaincolor.webp
 
Perhaps a color water reflection on the water would look better. The people behind the curtain looks busy and uninteresting.
 
If you're able to go back to the location I might try shooting from the opposite direction. I think using the tree as a subject can be interesting, but having the people, grass and other things in the background takes away from the image. I think the less you have in the frame (besides the water and branches) the better the composition will be. Try framing the branches (if that's what you call them) against the water (backlight if possible) and that could make a very simple but interesting frame.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #4
Thanks all for the feedback. I have a few with a water reflection but they are just ok as the water was not very glassy. I like the idea of just the branches of the willow in the frame with the light behind. I'll have to figure out what time of day would make that possible. Maybe in a few weeks when the weather has been consistently good the park will not be so crowded and I can get a picture without people in it! That was taken from the swan boat ride my daughter and I took. There were about 10 different wedding parties and a quinceanera in the park taking pictures (it was Saturday about 4 so prime time for them) and it was difficult to get a shot without someone (or 10 someones) being in the frame. I did get some interesting people pics that I have to process still. Thanks again for the input.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom