The Dark Knight taking a nap

Mandeep.Singh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2017-05-14-16-02-39 a.jpg

The Dark Knight taking a nap under the tree's shade to escape the scorching heat.

I like the concept, but not so much the execution..
I like "monochromes". Well, I am b&w film and darkroom afficionado. There is a few things I would do differently here. First I would choose different background. Look how the small details in the bg are competing with glittering intricacies of your bike. Especially around handlebar and tank. It is also soooo busy all around. This is increased by the fact, that bike is mostly in the shade ( well, for known reasons. But it doesn't help.) and the bg is so well light you manage to over expose it. This is something to ponder, how you would like to present viewer with subjects of your photography.
Then comes conversion. Fine with me. You went for old look photo. It disagrees a bit with ultramodern bike, but most of us is a bit nostalgic. (Look at me !).
What I don't like is the vignette. First, on rectangular picture four corner vignette does not look natural. Then yours is too big. Finally, for some reason I don't understand (sorry, film only) the conversion went for look of not only old but also very badly printed photo. Such an effect one might get in wet darkroom by over exposing print paper under enlarger and then pushing processing in really exhausted developer and fixer way, way beyond recommended times causing fogging and discoloration to show up.
You have fine bike, you have romantic soul, you will find the ways to picture your love in more tender way. .
Good luck !

I like the concept, but not so much the execution..
I like "monochromes". Well, I am b&w film and darkroom afficionado. There is a few things I would do differently here. First I would choose different background. Look how the small details in the bg are competing with glittering intricacies of your bike. Especially around handlebar and tank. It is also soooo busy all around. This is increased by the fact, that bike is mostly in the shade ( well, for known reasons. But it doesn't help.) and the bg is so well light you manage to over expose it. This is something to ponder, how you would like to present viewer with subjects of your photography.
Then comes conversion. Fine with me. You went for old look photo. It disagrees a bit with ultramodern bike, but most of us is a bit nostalgic. (Look at me !).
What I don't like is the vignette. First, on rectangular picture four corner vignette does not look natural. Then yours is too big. Finally, for some reason I don't understand (sorry, film only) the conversion went for look of not only old but also very badly printed photo. Such an effect one might get in wet darkroom by over exposing print paper under enlarger and then pushing processing in really exhausted developer and fixer way, way beyond recommended times causing fogging and discoloration to show up.
You have fine bike, you have romantic soul, you will find the ways to picture your love in more tender way. .
Good luck !

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated. I feel its really important and will help me work on my mistakes and get better. Will keep the above mentioned points in mind when composing similar b&w pics. Thanks a lot, Cheers :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back