The Diamondback Rattler & Friends

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We finally caught a Diamondback Rattlesnake to photograph. It's so unusual, because they actually get very very nervous around more than one person. Contrary to what most people think, the rattlesnake is a fairly docile creature. You have to be pretty far inside their comfort zone for them to get riled up like people expect them to.

The water snakes are about as calm and peaceful as snakes come. And they're non-venomous so either way it's all okay. And they're cuddling, so how can you NOT think that they're adorable?

And finally, a snake video. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool pictures..I got the willies watching the video..shudder...

I really like the pictures and the fact you got some with the rattle blurred and one focused, really cool.

How far away from the snake were you? I think these are really cool creatures, but I am watching the video just waiting for it to strike. Great job on the photos

I love snakes. Nice captures by the way. All I can find around Bemidji are garter snakes and they just aren't as awesome as a good rattler. Thank you for sharing this.

I'm not a snake lover. Actually, I'm petrified of them. Living on Long Island, we have almost no snakes, and none that are poisonous. Once in the last 64 years have I had any interaction with one except for Gardner snakes.

With that being said, I really like your set and video. Picture #1 seems to be the best overall composition of the Rattlers. Nice composition of the two water snakes.

Most reactions

Back