The duel

digimania

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Looks like this pair of Magpie Crow are duelling for the food. This shot is taken at ground level with the help of an angle finder.
magpiecrow.jpg

Canon 300D with 75-300mm IS + 25mm extension tube.
Set at 1/200, f13, ISO 200 will fill flash from Sigma 500 Super DG with omnibounced in bounced position at -2/3 FEC
Richard

Richard,

can you tell us what was the focal length?

The F is 13, but the DoF is quiet small, so the focal length has to be at 300mm... Or you did some PS job...

Thanks

Thanks for the comments. Cumi the lens is zoom to 195mm. Although f13 should give a greater DOF, when I'm shooting these from around 20 inches, the DOF should only be about an inch front and around 2 inches behind. Only PSing work done is USM and auto level.
Richard

really nice capture, where did you take it when i was at singapore i did not find anything like that, apart from in the zoo... the way the colours are all shades of brown makes it quite a nice dynamic picture and easy to look at. overall really nice capture

How beautiful they are. This has a very pleasing symmetry to it - nicely done! :thumbup:

Thanks you for the kind words. Duncan, this was shot on the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve. It was a dull a dreary day and these Magpie Crows, were busy feeding on the ground. Pratically proned on the ground with angle finder attached, I took more than 20 shots. This one is the best of the lot. Dull days are great for macro shooting as the lighting is not harsh. The brown background came mainly from the ground.
Richard

Most reactions

New Topics

Back