TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
eagle.jpg

Really magnificent shot. Am curious about the technicals in the image- particularly the lens you shot this with?

the title is precise, no arguments here. great photo, love the details in the feathers and talons. a good pose too.

Nikon D850, 200-500 @500mm. f/8 1/2500 ISO 400

Ah, that's what I was wondering, if you used the 200-500 to shoot this. Seems to be a popular choice with nature photographers. I just purchased one and haven't shot too much with it because of school duties and changing jobs/moving, but so far I love it. Did you have to do any cropping or were you really this close? Crop or not, a really magnificent image, as I said before. Great work.

Awesome bird, nice capture and pretty good detail for a long distance shot. TFS. I hate to bug you with more questions but was that h.h.?

K9...TFS? or h.h.? No comprende. Mark, there was minimal cropping and I posted earlier it was my D850 but looking back at the EXIF data, it was instead my D500. which coupled to my 200-500 was an awesome shooter. I mostly do landscapes these days or just shoot with a shorter tele (80-300) because of the arthritis in my hands.

K9...TFS? or h.h.? No comprende. Mark, there was minimal cropping and I posted earlier it was my D850 but looking back at the EXIF data, it was instead my D500. which coupled to my 200-500 was an awesome shooter. I mostly do landscapes these days or just shoot with a shorter tele (80-300) because of the arthritis in my hands.
Sorry, I see it used a lot on other sites so I assumed others would know, also. "TFS" stands for "thanks for sharing" and "h.h." stands for "hand held."

I think Bull, they were wondering if it was a tripod or hand-held shot? In regard to the D500, that does not surprise me at all, either. I see a lot of nature photographers here and on FB forums choose the D500 nd 200-500 F5.6 lens as their combo of choice. Regardless of your gear, it takes a skilled photographer to generate the shot, right? When I was a photojournalist, I hated when people would say "boy, that's a nice camera, I bet it shoots nice photos..." and I always wanted to say "yup! taught it everything it knows!". :)

Most reactions

Back