The Eyes Have It

did you read the short story The Eyes Have It by Philip K. Dick?

it's only 4 pages. you should. it's funny.

I absolutely adore eyes. They are powerful. Your friend has beautiful eyes. Nice shot.

I would like to see the original pic, if there is one.

Looks awesome either way.

Is your friend made of plastic?

I thought the same thing upon the photo loading.. Her actual eyes don't seem to have a lot of life to them? Unfortunately I'm not getting that emotion or 'sparkle' from her eyes..
I've also always wondered what people do with this type of photograph... the cropping is only good for website banners is it not? Fill me in on what you do with such a crop!

She's probably one of those weirdos with a butt-ugly face and pretty eyes... :)

kidding.

The original is horrible, so I cropped and played with it until I got something I liked.

Not the original, but this is her. This was a DIY ringlight I made. You can see the edge of the ring because the kit lens is too short. Unfortunately, I haven't got around to buying that 24-70 f/2.8 yet so that it works right.

Just copied and paster from another forum.

I built a ghettofied ring light tonight. It's part of a large 10 1/2" light. I cut the fixture out of the middle and sliced inwards with a dremel creating tabs. I then used foil HVAC tape and the tabs to secure a 4" wide PVC pipe piece to the center. Cut a hole in the side for the flash and fixed paper over the light, cutting out for the hole. The light coverage is completely even for the most part. The first test shot turned out how I envisioned it. I'm replacing the printer paper with velum paper, I just didn't feel like running over to the studio to pick it up.

I have a small shoot setup for tomorrow evening. I'll post the results and pictures of the light then. I have a good idea in my head of what I'm going to do tomorrow, so hopefully it turns out.
----------------------------------------------------------
Here it is.
2185339059_5f0c79127a_o.jpg

2185339061_025341ea83_o.jpg

2185339065_ce6649dd18_o.jpg

I've seen a few home made designs of these, but my question with this one is how do you get your flash mounted in that hole? Is the flash being fired off the hotshoe on the camera, or remotely via wire? This leads into the mounting question again.

I'm no expert with flash rings (or photography for that matter), but the results of the picture look good.

I've seen a few home made designs of these, but my question with this one is how do you get your flash mounted in that hole? Is the flash being fired off the hotshoe on the camera, or remotely via wire? This leads into the mounting question again.

I'm no expert with flash rings (or photography for that matter), but the results of the picture look good.

I have radio triggers and just had the flash on a stand pointed up. I'm going to make a bracket for it though with a tube that let's it attach to an on camera flashl.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back