Fair enough, I would tend to agree with you. Here's an alternate version that's a bit brighter. Part of the reason I was attracted to this scene was the fact that the lamps are on and yet there's still some nice sunlight in the distance, but that makes for a very narrow margin for getting a good photo. Maybe it just can't work with the foreground not being lit more by the sun, I don't know. Everyone please let me know what you think of this new version.
You know, I honestly don't know at this point! I know I had a bunch of versions of this, some are deleted now. What I do know is I should have posted the brighter one in the first place. I appreciate the above, and are there any other comments?
The second one is eons better, its a nice shot. The first one hadn't impressed me.. The only thing I dislike is the large area of empty space on the bottom left there... Not something that can be corrected, I suppose, but that bottom quarter of the frame is just boring to me.
Thanks for the comments everyone. Glad I dug up that other version. Yes, it is kind of too bad that some lamps are out, but then again I figure that that fits in nicely with the title eh?
the second one really looks great. it almost look like a Christmas card. hmm maybe you should try make a HDR out of the photos with different exposure you took. Im sure it would look awesome