The Falls at Pfeifer Beach

Buckster

In memoriam
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Man, I LOVE the California coastline! It's been a few years since I was out here last. Got this today:

Pfeifer_Falls_0362.jpg

That would be a great area to shoot. Nice find man!

Hi,

This is a lovely image and very well composed. Have you tried to lift the shadows a little within the rocks, they're a little dark for me and are taking away from some otherwise beautifully deep colours. Although I hate to say it, it could be a good candidate for HDR...I feel all dirty now...

Hope this helps,

Steve

Hi,

This is a lovely image and very well composed. Have you tried to lift the shadows a little within the rocks, they're a little dark for me and are taking away from some otherwise beautifully deep colours. Although I hate to say it, it could be a good candidate for HDR...I feel all dirty now...

Hope this helps,

Steve
Better?

Pfeifer_Falls_0362-2.jpg

Wait.. is this that park in Big Sur I believe that has a lot of condors hanging around? Sorry, I am not from california but I felt like I have been there.

Grrr.. why wasnt I into photography when I traveled to all of these places!!!! :grumpy:

Hi,

Well, 'better' is of course completely subjective, it's better if YOU prefer it, it's worse if you don't. I think the extra detail adds a new dimension to the image, I like how the tree in the top left has now been picked out.

With digital, there's always a fine balance between getting a nice image and making it look artificial; for me this image is now just at the point where any further lightening would be detrimental.

Hope this helps,

Steve

great location. great shot.
i am not too fond of the colors though. I think it should be processed better.
keep up the good work.

i like the darker shadows of the first image, go back to that.. some guys would slow the exposure and make the water blur but i think in this image that wouldn't be ideal, good one

Mike Leggero

http://www.michaelleggero.com

Most reactions

Back