The Famous "Horsetail Falls" at Sunset

HikinMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.imagesinthebackcountry.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Had a chance to get up to Yosemite for the day and try and capture the famous "Horsetail Falls" at sunset. Google it if your not familiar with it.

horsetail-sunset-1335.jpg

Looks massive!
The warm light painting over it gives me a visual of what the sunset looked like, very nice.

Now that's good.......MIke

Who has a chance to get up to yosemite for a day?! LUCKY! thats a solid 6 hour drive for me. Im glad you posted this. Its freakin awesome. Ive actually hiked half dome and yosemite falls amongst other places there. I could spend months there.

Thanks I'm happy with this one! ;)

Who has a chance to get up to yosemite for a day?! LUCKY! thats a solid 6 hour drive for me. Im glad you posted this. Its freakin awesome. Ive actually hiked half dome and yosemite falls amongst other places there. I could spend months there.

I'm lucky that it takes me 1.5 hours from my front door to the entrance gate on hwy 140. I've done "The Dome" twice as a day hike and once as a backpacking trip. I've got a backpacking website called "The Backcountry" if your interested...

The lighting is phenomenal. Really wonderful.

Great lighting Mike. Looks mystical. I've only been to Yosemite once and can't even remember where or how far we hiked, sad I know. I'd like to go there again someday.

Most reactions

Back