Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
C/C is always welcome.

p1851416066-5.jpg

My first thought was the street lamp should go, but the more I look at it, I am more intrigued by that little yellow sign at lower-right.

I can imagine the sky being that luminous type you sometimes see right before a thunderstorm.

My first thought was the street lamp should go, but the more I look at it, I am more intrigued by that little yellow sign at lower-right.

I can imagine the sky being that luminous type you sometimes see right before a thunderstorm.

I think that both the light and the yellow sign really are important.

Lamp - yes it works. But I would disagree on the yellow sign. Not sure I can exactly explain it, but I think because I see it as a sweeping vista, the yellow sign just commands too sharp of focus and I lose the rest of the view. I might even clone out the ducks at the bottom just to emphasize the vastness of it.

All that said, I really do like the shot.

I don't consider the sign unimportant or a distraction; I want to know more about it - it holds my interest.
The ducks are also interesting. I like the ducks.

Lamp - yes it works. But I would disagree on the yellow sign. Not sure I can exactly explain it, but I think because I see it as a sweeping vista, the yellow sign just commands too sharp of focus and I lose the rest of the view. I might even clone out the ducks at the bottom just to emphasize the vastness of it.

All that said, I really do like the shot.

I don't consider the sign unimportant or a distraction; I want to know more about it - it holds my interest.
The ducks are also interesting. I like the ducks.

I think that they both work to hint at some sort of scale.
There is a sort of ambiguity about the size and the light and the sign give the viewer something to hold onto.

This printed is nice.
I am almost tempted to show the SOOC shot but......
PPing to show what is there but not readuly apparent is important to this shot.

I like how there is sort of an emptiness in the middle where I am first drawn by the light sea color, then going around the image there are a number of interesting things to spend time looking at and it all feels balanced.

I really like this photo. I'm not sure if it is lonely or peaceful to me.
I like the light, and the ducks. There is one duck off to the far left that seems a little left out to me maybe that one can go "poof". The poor guy got separated.
I am not sure what to think about that sign yet, but it can stay.

There seems to be enough different texture in the water that it can be seen as almost a subject with contours and activity.
Much more than if it were totally flat and calm.

Thanks for looking and writing.

I usually don't show the originals just as I don't show several pictures of the same subject - and for the same reason.

When only a single, edited picture is shown, the image persists in the viewers' minds as an attractive reality that they can see and enter through the borders of the frame.
When a viewer sees the unfinished image or multiple pictures of the same thing, they are faced with the realization that the reality created by the photographer doesn't actual exist.
It's like seeing a movie star up close, in person - and without makeup or the benefit of great lighting.
Disillusion follows.

I want to protect you from being disillusioned.

Most reactions

Back