The flood part 2

mygrain

Friend to nose goblins everywhere
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is a fun shot I could not pass up. This was taken from a great distance.
floodedpicnic.jpg

hmmm. cool concept, but because the foreground is out of focus, it's tough to tell if that's ice or liquid water. without the title, the impact is lost

I agree with Toby. With the forground out of focus, my first thought was not "oh, look at the water".

I'm not crazy about the position of the picnic table, or the trashcan.

Close, but no cigar.

I agree, I'd like to see the entire image in sharp focus. That way, the water in the foreground would naturally lead the eye out to the lone table and can on "higher ground", which is probably what led you to capture the image. And then we could go beyond the table and see that, indeed, the water is everywhere! But it's too fuzzy and without the title, one would have to work too hard to get the point. :) Hope this helps.

The bench is too centered and i don't believe that's what you want to show - if you move it a bit off-center and make it line up with the bottom third, you might be surprised by the change it makes :D

Kool! Thanks for the crit. Hey Lu I will try it and see What happens. I wish I could have gotten a bit closer. The problem I had was I had no other position to get the shot from I was completely surrounded by water other than from behind me and it was early November, so venturing with my camera didn't seem too appealing. :D

very nice photo! I like the composition here and I like that the first plan is is blurred. Gives spooky atmospheare

Most reactions

New Topics

Back