Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC01402_Fotor.jpg

~ The Foggy Dew ~

Mike ☘️

Nice shot, love the title and the ballad.

Good on ye. Check out this rendition.

Cheers,
Irishwhistler ☘️

I wish I had his musical talent for singing and playing the mandolin and I also like that version a lot. I've only heard the rock & roll version which is more upbeat but not nearly as traditional sounding, which I like better.

Cheers,
Irishwhistler ☘️

I wish I had his musical talent for singing and playing the mandolin and I also like that version a lot. I've only heard the rock & roll version which is more upbeat but not nearly as traditional sounding, which I like better.

Daoiri is actually playing bouzouki in the clip, a Greek instrument that has become a standard for many that play traditional Irish music. He is a masterful vocalist and plays both bouzouki and guitar.

Mike ☘️

That had to be tough lighting, so great job!

Aye Nancy,
The lighting in the image matches me mood today, and a somber one it is. I received word last night that a friend o' mine o'er thirty four year now, would likely not make it through the night and into today. I had a tearful talk with his son last night as we swapped stories about his dear father. I anticipate a call from the son today telling me his Dad has slipped away.

Thanks for ye input on the image, a bright spot in a dark day.

Best regards,
Mike ☘️

Last edited:

Cheers,
Irishwhistler ☘️

Daoiri is actually playing bouzouki in the clip, a Greek instrument that has become a standard for many that play traditional Irish music. He is a masterful vocalist and plays both bouzouki and guitar.

Mike ☘️

I didn't know there was such an instrument so thanks for the heads up. I did a little research and it's apparent there are similarities and differences between the two instruments.
Mandolin vs. Bouzouki: Everything You Need To Know

Great image. I like the lighting and the composition.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Great image. I like the lighting and the composition.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Thank ye most kindly Pete. Fred Sr. sadly passed away yesterday afternoon.

Mike ☘️

That had to be tough lighting, so great job!

Aye Nancy,
The lighting in the image matches me mood today, and a somber one it is. I received word last night that a friend o' mine o'er thirty four year now, would likely not make it through the night and into today. I had a tearful talk with his son last night as we swapped stories about his dear father. I anticipate a call from the son today telling me his Dad has slipped away.

Thanks for ye input on the image, a bright spot in a dark day.

Best regards,
Mike ☘️

That's very sad indeed fella. Life can be so cruel and often losing a good friend can be as devastating if not more so than losing a family member. I've been there several times. Regards and respect.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back