The Foggy set

Remi M.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Lately I have found my self to really like taking pictures in the fog. The only bad part about it is that you have to wake up early to get the shots. These shots were taken over two different days. All in or around Vancouver.

1. Port Mann Bridge (this shot is a bit of pchop trickery, the bridge was never this empty)
269720037_fa8da45428_b.jpg

2. Port Mann Bridge
269620338_3646fdf16a_b.jpg

3. Port Mann Bridge (shortly after taking this shot, I was asked to leave the bridge, seems I missed the sign saying no pedestrian traffic :) )
273583559_6df25e864b_o.jpg

4. Queen Elizabeth Park. The dome shaped building is the Bloedel Conservatory (botanical).
275880325_3f1039619d.jpg

5. Bloedel Conservatory up close
269889002_77b1e10380_b.jpg

6. Queen Elizabeth park
271035745_a6a994f0b5_b.jpg

7. Surrey Lake
276774771_e34baf660a_b.jpg

8. Surrey lake park
278834404_9c198723f0_b.jpg

Oooooo. Lovely photos here!

Wow, I really like the sense of depth (as in deep down) in the third Port Mann Bridge pic. Wow. (I am surprised you got that far, anyway, good for you and us that you "missed" the "no-pedestrians" sign.

I also really like the close-up on the roof of the conservatory and the composition of #6 with the closer tree being so clearly outlined and the farther trees so "pale".

Aaaaand then there is the "diamond-studded" spider's web, of course, now that is QUITE something else!

1, 5, and 6 are stunning IMO.

1-the perspective leads the viewers eye sraight into the fog, where it needs to be.

5-AMAZING texture! I wonder how it would have come out without the blown out sky in the corner.

6-The tree just really pops out from the shadows. Real neat shot.

2, 6 and 8 have a lot to offer. 2 for the colour (good choice), composition and way the lead lines take us into the mist, 6 for the sharp delicacy of the near tree compared with the softer distance, and 8, though a subject that's done a lot, done very well here.

Regards, Tony

dude these kick ass.... seriously.... there are so many good ones... but for me personally its number 7 of surrey lake, all the way.... that roks... and is going to be a POTM nomination for me.... excellent work remi :thumbsup:

I love them. the first one though, leaves something to be yearned. I think it should be black and white (it isn't is it?) and the levels need to be changed. work with the channels, because I can tell from the photo that a good black and white conversion (not just a simple grayscale) will make a WORLD of difference. also, in PS or PS elements, find a new black spot, and that might help make the bridge POP more, right now it's just kinda....there.

- RE

Thank you all very much. :)
Really happy to see the comments.

rosselliot: Yeah your right. That was a black and white conversion done with channels (than a gradiant map). It's tough to get a nice dynamic range with fog especialy fog before the sunrise (when that photo was taken). I should have tweaked the levels more.

Archangel: wow thank you for the nomination :) 7 is also one of my favorites, especialy when viewed at a larger size (available in my flickr gallery).

Again thank you all :)

Most reactions

Back