The front page for the site

I read a few on-line photography magazine type sites and last month one had a similar photo on it's front page. A photo of a woman with no clothes but mostly covered, including the private parts.

They were swamped with E-mail from people who were disgusted by the image and also from people defending the use of the image.

How can people find nudity offensive? Everyone has a body. I can see where some people can find sexual content offensive or inappropriate but nudity in not inherently sexual. That's the key...some people can't or won't separate nudity from sex.

I find it especially odd that people with access to the internet could be offended by a photo that hints at nudity. There are so very many images out there that even my desensitized eyes find offensive...sometimes I just want to send something like that to the "easily offended" and watch their heads explode.

Heck, the spam I get in my E-mail is 1000 times more offensive than any photo of a partially nude human being. :roll:

This is America where nudity is more offensive than someone having their head blown off. :roll:

voodoocat said:
This is America where nudity is more offensive than someone having their head blown off. :roll:

Keep it covered up, don't look at it, don't mention it around the kids, these things may happen but it's a disgusting world and humans are weak and don't bother to fight their darkest animal sides.....

I am referring to those who'd blow off the head of another, but who thought so while reading it? :wink:

MDowdey said:
i like naked girls.

md

:LOL: !

Indeed the naked body is a beautiful thang ;).

There is a MASSIVE difference between tasteful nudity and sexual objectification of people.
The people who shriek and scream 'offense' over pics in the former category are probably the very same people who kick up a storm over women breastfeeding their babies in a public area.
Its something that makes me see red when I hear of idiots who cant handle seeing a woman breastfeeding , which is one of the most natural acts in the world.
Considering most women actually only have a slight amount of skin exposed ( because the baby is pretty much shielding the breast from everyones eyes ) these people would have to be looking pretty damn hard....

i like boobs too.

but for real though....there is nothing better than human curves. the female body was made to be looked at!!

md

MDowdey said:
there is nothing better than human curves. the female body was made to be looked at!!

md

Yeah womens curves are the worlds 8th wonder :sillysmi: .....

I find the women I regard as sexy and gorgeous are the ones who have a beautiful , soft , curvaceous body and are comfortable in their own skin.

Luminosity said:
MDowdey said:
i like naked girls.

md

There is a MASSIVE difference between tasteful nudity and sexual objectification of people.
The people who shriek and scream 'offense' over pics in the former category are probably the very same people who kick up a storm over women breastfeeding their babies in a public area.
Its something that makes me see red when I hear of idiots who cant handle seeing a woman breastfeeding , which is one of the most natural acts in the world.
Considering most women actually only have a slight amount of skin exposed ( because the baby is pretty much shielding the breast from everyones eyes ) these people would have to be looking pretty damn hard....

Thanks for your comments on breastfeeding. I breastfed both my sons and always did so in what I thought was a tasteful manner - I even had a nuring shawl to cover us. However, I once had someone told me to take the baby to the bathroom ( I was at the mall, he was hungry). Umm...hello, you eat your lunch in a bathroom and see how ya like it!

I've always though the human body is beautiful and is noting to hide or be ashamed of. I couldn't agree with your post more.

AlisonS said:
Luminosity said:
MDowdey said:
i like naked girls.

md

Thanks for your comments on breastfeeding. I breastfed both my sons and always did so in what I thought was a tasteful manner - I even had a nuring shawl to cover us. However, I once had someone told me to take the baby to the bathroom ( I was at the mall, he was hungry). Umm...hello, you eat your lunch in a bathroom and see how ya like it!

I've always though the human body is beautiful and is noting to hide or be ashamed of. I couldn't agree with your post more.

You're welcome hon and thank you too :sillysmi: .
I hope you didnt move for that rude person and continued feeding your son right where you were !
I really cannot comprehend how these people are 'offended' by a baby being nurtured and fed.
Some peoples mentalities are just so backwards & inside out lol !

Of course not, I'm stubborn and opinionated. I told him I was quite fine where I was and that if he was uncomfortable he was welcome to move to a different bench :mrgreen:

Breast are wonderful things, but first and foremost they are here to nurture children. Not that they can't be useful for other things, but I have always found nursing to be beautiful and it takes my breath away when I see others nursing their babes. Now, don't get me wrong I'm not one of those breastfeeding Natzi's :whip:

Now, pardon me while I run to get the tissues since my "baby" will be 3 on Friday.....

AlisonS said:
Of course not, I'm stubborn and opinionated. I told him I was quite fine where I was and that if he was uncomfortable he was welcome to move to a different bench :mrgreen:

Breast are wonderful things, but first and foremost they are here to nurture children. Not that they can't be useful for other things, but I have always found nursing to be beautiful and it takes my breath away when I see others nursing their babes. Now, don't get me wrong I'm not one of those breastfeeding Natzi's :whip:

Now, pardon me while I run to get the tissues since my "baby" will be 3 on Friday.....

Haha ! Good on ya girly !
I think breastfeeding is beautiful too .... if I ever have my own bebes I want to go that route too...

And awww @ ya ! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your 'baby' for Friday !!! He shares the same b'day as me :D.
Bet ya take loads of pics on his b'day , if ya do make sure ya post em :hug:

Hey, that's another cool coincidence! Any big plans for your b-day? We've moved away from all our family so it will be low key. He said he wants cupcakes and lots of presents :)

AlisonS said:
. He said he wants cupcakes and lots of presents :)

Lol , hey he knows what the good stuff in life is ;)
I think I'll second that request ......Cupcakes and lottsa pressies :LOL:

Going out for a night of dancinnnnnnn and a few drinks with friends.
It was originally gonna be a girls night out ( my mums comin too , shes a lil groover ) but its turning into a group of 35 or so , guys and girls lol.

That sounds like a fun night, can I fly over and come? Have a drink for me, will ya?

Most reactions

Back