The Galata Tower in Istanbul

Tayfun

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Galata Tower is built in 1384 as an observatory. It was used also as dungeon, depot in the history. It takes place in Beyoglu region of Istanbul - Turkey. Now it is used as touristik restaurant and cafe.

This shot is taken by Kiev 4AM rangefinder camera with Helios 103 (53mm) lens. Film used is Ilford Pan 100 ASA

3083126542_252831b06f_b.jpg

Any kind of comments are very welcome. Thanks in advance.

Hi! Neat hillside and sky -- but the tower does get a little lost in all of it. Perhaps a closer crop?

In addition, the entire photo feels skewed to me -- slightly tilted, but enough that it bothers me.

Just my 2 cents: feel free to spend them as you see fit. :)

cool, its got a kind of edgy feel to it. I don't know why, but, my eyes tend to dance around the picture, maybe its the birds in the sky that keep grabbing my attention.
It does seem to lean down to the right a bit.

Thanks to you both for your nice comments.

dcclark;
You are right, the tower is a little lost there, maybe I should try it by a longer zoom lens. Thanks for the two cents :mrgreen:

600RR;
Yes that is true, the photo need a little to be rotated. I will correct it, thanks.

Best
Tayfun

I wonder where you were positioned in order to take this photo? On the balcony of Topkapı? That's from where I took my pic of Galata Tower, but with the zoom lens at full zoom (a broken lens, which shows areas of blurriness where there shouldn't be any - and where there weren't any when that lens was still "young"). I like the equipment you used for this photo. The tones this film produces are nice, and the sky comes out well!!! How do you digitalise your film photos?
(You know my photo of Galata Tower, don't you? This_one ?)

I wonder where you were positioned in order to take this photo? On the balcony of Topkapı? That's from where I took my pic of Galata Tower, but with the zoom lens at full zoom (a broken lens, which shows areas of blurriness where there shouldn't be any - and where there weren't any when that lens was still "young"). I like the equipment you used for this photo. The tones this film produces are nice, and the sky comes out well!!! How do you digitalise your film photos?
(You know my photo of Galata Tower, don't you? This_one ?)

Hi LaPhoto;
Thank you very much for your sweet comment. I have taken this photo from the park in eminonu which is near the coast. I have my photos digitialized directly from negatives. I have seen your Galata Tower photo, and that is excelent indeed.
Best
Tayfun

Most reactions

Back