The Graduate

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A couple of informal cap and gown shots from today. This kid really, really hates getting his picture taken! ;) He gave me about 12 minutes, then he was done. :mrgreen:

It was drizzling rain; these were shot on the front porch with the Pentax MZ-S using natural light. TMax 400, 85mm @ 1.4, piece of foam core for reflector. ;)

Scanned from negatives.

Trying to look Serious For Mom:

Steven-capgown.jpg

And, showing his more natural self:

Steve-O.jpg

core_17 said:
Awww! We finally get to see your youngun! What's his plan for after high school?
At the moment, I think it's "To be as useless as possible while still on OPM (other people's money)". :biglaugh:

I'm kidding. ;) He's a good guy. Right now he's working about 30 hours a week at a no-kill animal shelter :heart: and he has a couple applications for college pending. Two local universities; nothing too far from home. :)

Thanks, Raymond! :D

terri said:
At the moment, I think it's "To be as useless as possible while still on OPM (other people's money)". :biglaugh:

I'm kidding. ;) He's a good guy. Right now he's working about 30 hours a week at a no-kill animal shelter :heart: and he has a couple applications for college pending. Two local universities; nothing too far from home. :)

Thanks, Raymond! :D

That's cool! What does he plan on studying? (sorry for bein nosey...)

core_17 said:
That's cool! What does he plan on studying? (sorry for bein nosey...)
You're not being nosey, girl! :)

He's a ways from declaring a major, I think. He likes being around the animals and working with the vet techs at his job....enjoyed working in video production at school, was clever with the CAD program, blah blah blah....but he's still wide open. :)

Well, he gets his looks from his dad then! :p
What does SCHS stand for? Summit, summit, High School?

And, and will you now be seducing me Mrs Sprinkle? :eyebrows:
Remember, I'm young and need to be taught... :blushing:

Thanks for sharing.

ferny said:
Well, he gets his looks from his dad then! :pWhat does SCHS stand for? Summit, summit, High School?

And, and will you now be seducing me Mrs Sprinkle? :eyebrows:
Remember, I'm young and need to be taught... :blushing:

Thanks for sharing.

Oh, you're cruel.... :whip:

SCHS=South Cobb High School. He's SO glad it's over! :lol:

yeah the second one looks very simmilar to a few shots from my graduation buahahaha :)

Awww sweet shots! You must be so proud!!! These mildstones are something aren't they? I tell you my oldest just turned 30 last month and I suffered labor pains the entire day of his birthday! I kept thinking "I am NOT old enough to have a 30yo" lol Anyway Congratulations Terri and to your boy as well!

I tell you my oldest just turned 30 last month and I suffered labor pains the entire day of his birthday!
:biglaugh: Now that's the funniest thing I've read all day!

Thank you for the congrats, Photo Gal. :)

May I ask how old students usually are when they leave High School? (I would guess they are a little younger than here but I really don't know).
Congratulations, Terri, on a fine son like him. Give him time to decide on what he wants to do... sounds like he is really friendly with the animals, I like that! My son once thought he might want to become a vet himself. But his interest in chemistry is also huge and he is good at it. Well, but since he's a German student, he still has to go for more than three years before school will end for him and whichever university career may come up...

LaFoto said:
May I ask how old students usually are when they leave High School? (I would guess they are a little younger than here but I really don't know).
Congratulations, Terri, on a fine son like him. Give him time to decide on what he wants to do... sounds like he is really friendly with the animals, I like that! My son once thought he might want to become a vet himself. But his interest in chemistry is also huge and he is good at it. Well, but since he's a German student, he still has to go for more than three years before school will end for him and whichever university career may come up...
Thanks, LaFoto! I think you're right about giving him time....he is still coming to grips with the fact he doesn't have to go back to that school! :lol:

To answer your question, the age is usually 17-18 when they graduate high school. :)

Most reactions

Back