The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side

JimMcClain

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
1footinthegrave.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In my neck of the woods, there's a big rodeo in a little town. People come from many miles away. Even on my Segway, I can't deal with those kinds of crowds mixed in with a lot of mud, horse **** everywhere and only 45 minutes of o2 in my tank. So, I got special permission to go onto the grounds before the rodeo started. I think I made a few nice pictures. This is one I thought was kinda humorous.

The horse's owner ties his horse to the fence right next to the bull pen - there's a couple dozen bulls milling around, butting heads and snorting dust clouds. The idea is to get the horse used to the bulls so they won't be intimidated when it's time to be in the arena with them together. But it looked to me that neither the horse nor the bulls were fazed by each other. But this one bull - none of the others - was hungry and kept trying to eat the horse's hay. I missed a shot of the horse biting the bull on the nose. I even waited 'til after my o2 tank went into the red zone to see if it would happen again. Nope.

Nikon D810, Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD at 70mm, f/5, 1/400s, ISO 320, hand-held.
taylorsville1507-151-x1080.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back