Breakfast of Champion Horses

JimMcClain

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
1footinthegrave.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was given access to the rodeo grounds hours before the CCPRA Silver Buckle Rodeo, in Taylorsville, CA, so I could go looking for pictures. I use a Segway for a mobility aide, so I was concerned that some of the cowboys and others would object because some horses are a bit skittish around devices like that. But only one old cowpoke tried to run me off and not because of the Seg. He said he didn't want me "pointin' that big effin' camera" at the horses because I didn't look like I knew much about horses. I don't know what you're s'posed to look like. I've been around horses since 1957 and even had one of my own for a short time. Everyone else seemed to take me in stride - they were even quite friendly (well, except for the bulls).

I made several photographs I liked. I hope you enjoy the one below and click it to see the rest on my blog.

Nikon D810, Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD at 200mm, f/2.8, 1/1250s, ISO 320, hand-held

Your comments and critiques are encouraged.

Beautiful animals! The other shots in the album are very good!

Jim,
Very nice images and Blog. I especially like the 2nd one on the Blog of the bulls under that awesome sky. Nice work for a good cause

Most reactions

Back