The gravedigger's door

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The patched brickwork and battered door of this churchyard shed - where the gravediggers used to keep their tools - offered fine colours and textures in the late afternoon sun yesterday.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com/2008/02/gravediggers-door.html

Churchyard-shed.jpg

Very nice. The colors, the textures and the way the shadows stretch across the frame all work together.

I think it changes the whole picture that you said it was the gravediggers door. If it wasn't for that, It would have been a cool picture.. but it would have just been a door.

Nice shot.

its nice, would be cool to see in b\w, it would add a whole another view to the door, instead of it being rich in colors it would look more "grave digger" like

Wow. Another very very beautiful photo! The texture of the old wood and of the bricks comes out perfectly in the low sun from the side. And what a pretty door this one is - in the shape of a gothic church window. And the row of bricks right under the roof ... a nice extra to the building. Very nice.

That is killer. I love the cast shadows across the bricks and the rotten wood at the bottom of the door. Really nice composition.

Thanks for the comments on this one folks. I went out yesterday to photograph a beautiful medieval church in whose churchyard this building stands. The shot of this shed - which I hadn't anticipated taking - was the best image I went home with. Isn't serendipity a wonderful thing :D.

Regards, Tony

Really cool image. I love the aged brick, and weather wood. Nice colors, good eye.

Wow- the black and white looks really nice.

If I hadn't seen the color version first, maybe...just maybe the B&W would work. The color version is just so striking and full of texture. Thanks for sharing.

Wonderful image, the light makes for some gorgeous texture. I think I like the B&W one more though, it allows more focus on the textures rather than being a little distracted by the color. Both are nice though.

NIcely captured. Great eye to catch this one. :thumbup::thumbup:

Most reactions

Back