The Great Music Thread!!!!

Last month I lost two childhood friends in two weeks. Been on a bit of a 70's and 80's kick.

Last edited:
Some may be put off by his appearance in this video, but this Aussie has incredible talent and intense passion for his music in this video.
John Butler-Oceans

Just a phenomenal musician...I saw him play with his trio as an unknown opening act back in 2004. They were easily the better of the bands that night, and I’ve bought all of their records since. Their instrumentation is so unique (distorted acoustic slide guitar, double bass, and drums).

This is "our song" . If one song sings the soundtrack to my life, this is it:

This artist doesn't want his music to be labeled as one specific type genre, but when he rocks, he does it with passion!

Many moons ago, I fell asleep on the couch while watching TV. Woke up to Austin City Limits. This song came on. Made me sit up and listen. And laugh. Looked him up a couple years ago. He has other versions, but think this is still the best.

This morning, I woke from a weird dream with this song in it, and had to share with you folks. Hope you get a good laugh out of it too.

I am stuck in my ways. I love my classic rock. Seen it, heard it a thousand times. Will still watch and listen again. But I also like adptations too. If you have not heard or seen her "Lucia Micarelli". Give the video some time to play out!!!

Khe Sanh by Cold Chisel.

I reckon if you are at a party with any Aussies and this song comes on they would know all the words.

A good version of one of my all-time favorite songs from the decade of the 2000's. This song (an earlier version) was #1 on the Billboard charts at the end of 2001,according to what I read on YouTube.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back