The Hamsa Hand.

Emanuel M

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a picture of my sister that i took a while ago with my older DSLR (Nikon D3000) + 55-200mm.
It was lost in my library till i've discovered it today ;)

DSC_0280-2
by Emanuel M, no Flickr

Cheers

I like your conversion. To me it is a perfect b&w image. The only thing I can point out is, that this lens bokeh is a bit to "strong" for portrait. The circles are bit to pronounced, diverting attention to some, small extend. But you've got perfect light on the skin and hair.

Before having the 35mm f/1.8 I did my portraits with the 55-200mm.
Now I use the 35mm and the bokeh is much better.
I also bought the sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 and I think I will use it a lot at 50mm for portraits.
Some day I also intend on buying the 85mm f/1.8 just for this ;)
But I have to go slowly :p

Thanks for the comment.
Cheers

With the portraits is generally better to go with the longer lenses. Wide angle or even standard lens draw the face flatter than long lens. Try some 135 mm prime on cropped sensor or 180 - 200 on FF.

Humm, i don't know.
135mm might be too much for me and it's even more expensive than the 85mm f/1.8.
The bokeh might be the same on those two because they have great appertures (f/1.8 and f/2.0), but i think 85mm is the sweet spot for me...
But who knows, maybe i buy the 85mm f/1.8 and later i feel the need for something longer :p

BTW, have you seen this other portrait i did at 200mm?

The eye that sees the world
by Emanuel M, no Flickr

The 200mm was so long that i opted to shoot half (almost a quarter) face. I love the result, but for normal (entire) head and shoulders portrait i think that even the 135mm will be too long...

Cheers

Most reactions

New Topics

Back