The Icy Weather in Texas (Pretty, but unforgiving)

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I posted some pictures a few weeks ago of a couple of cows against a sunset. Well, that peace didn't last long since the next week it snowed, sleeted, iced over, sleeted again, iced over again, and just made for a miserable time overall. lol

There were power outages and people who crashing all over the place. In an area where almost a third of the year is 100 degree weather, no one is equipped to handle that sh*t.

Thankfully I wasn't in the midst of all that urban mess so I could remain blissfully secluded. I'm just glad it melted before we ran out of food. :345:

The ice wreaked havoc on power lines. My stepdad, who's a lineman for the local electical co-op, had to work 18 hour days to repair the broken (in half) poles.

Last edited:
Really lovely pictures.

Ice storms can often cause more problems than snow. We get them more often and are more equipped to handle them up here in the Northeast, but they can still mess us up pretty bad sometimes.

Really lovely pictures.

Ice storms can often cause more problems than snow. We get them more often and are more equipped to handle them up here in the Northeast, but they can still mess us up pretty bad sometimes.

Thank you. It didn't start out as ice, but the thawing and re-freezing over several nights turned the landscape into a beautiful but treacherous sight lol

Nice shots!

I really like the 2nd last one with the skull in particular.

Thank you. I like that one as well. I have a closer one as too, but I just liked that one better. I feel it has more atmosphere.

_MG_7422-Edit-2.jpg

Last edited:
I scoff at your inability to deal with snow and ice! Granted anything above 80 and I pass out, but that's not the point here!

I posted some pictures a few weeks ago of a couple of cows against a sunset. Well, that peace didn't last long since the next week it snowed, sleeted, iced over, sleeted again, iced over again, and just made for a miserable time overall. lol

We get that up here this time of year too. We call it "Tuesday".

:lol:

I scoff at your inability to deal with snow and ice! Granted anything above 80 and I pass out, but that's not the point here!

I will gladly stay inept at handling cold if it means I'll only have to deal with it once or twice a year. You can keep your frozen tundra. :345:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back