The Kosciuszko Bridge on a Sunny Day

otherprof

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Kosciousko was a Polish-Lithuanian hero of the American revolution. My wife insists there was no "z" in the name on the bridge, and my Mac tried to remove the "z", but it seems most historical sources use the "z". We took the Polish-Lithuanian bridge to get from Flushing, Queens, with its large Chinese population, near Corona, Queens, where we purchased Argentinian dulce de leche, to Brooklyn, where we visited Sahadi Trading Company and the Damascus Bakery.. As my father used to say, "This is a great country - I'm going to stay another week!"

4F096BD6-BBCE-42C2-A68E-41360EEA439F.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice perspective and shot. I trust Britannica and they say it's spelled Kosciuszko and that Kosciousko is the English spelling of his name so maybe that's why they didn't include the "z" in the name on the bridge.

Nice perspective and shot. I trust Britannica and they say it's spelled Kosciuszko and that Kosciousko is the English spelling of his name so maybe that's why they didn't include the "z" in the name on the bridge.

Damn! Spell Check took out the “z” in my comments and I didn’t notice. Z restored!

Nice perspective in this one. We actually have a Mount Kościuszko here in Australia and when I saw the title I was trying to think where on the mountain the bridge would be lol.
The mountain was named by the Polish explorer Paweł (Paul) Edmund Strzelecki in 1840, in honour of Polish-Lithuanian freedom fighter General Tadeusz Kościuszko, because of its perceived resemblance to the Kościuszko Mound in Kraków, Poland.

Most reactions

Back