What's new

The Lantern

Maybe I'm missing something... But it's boring, poorly exposed and composed, out of focus and with some high ISO noise (or loss of quality for digital zoom or something).
Please don't take it the wrong way, I'm just trying to be honest... I'm not too sure what you're trying to show us here or say with the picture... Maybe if you explained it a little bit more it'd help.

Regards,
LizardKing
 
O, that was really disappointing... i had great expectation about this image... :grumpy:
i wanted to give it an old worn out rusty dusty look which was what i really meant to show; i never wanted the image to look clean, but give the feeling as one would get wnen entered int an abandoned old room room; but alas, it must have ended in a fiasco, at least in your case !!!!

No problem, i always welcome sincere observations, because they are the sign posts in this venture

I never let myself down by harsh criticism either, because i am not the images i post ;)

Thanks :D
 
I'm glad you took it nicely! It was meant that way! :thumbup:
Maybe there's people that will like it... in the end this is all just a matter of personal taste :)

I believe you can definitely improve this picture if you find a better composition and take a better exposure (maybe use a tripod)... I do like the kind of look you wanted to give!

Have a nice day!

Regards,
LizardKing
 
last week, i went to a hotel and on the roof of it i saw these lanterns hanging... many families were around... so with a bit hesitation i took the camera and clicked at this with a bit hesitation and finished the process all soon; that was the history of this shot( i don't claim the image would have been superfine if i get ample time and solace to shoot at :lol: )

Regards :D
 
It's so brown! I think the colours are too similar here. And there's part of the background going through the lantern. I understand what your intentions were, but I'm not moved by this picture, unfortunately. I have to agree with LK's post.
 
O, compaq... no problem... no problem ;)

I am posting the SOOC image here :D

Regards :D

 
Please tell me your comparison (no problem if it is worse/worst choice ;) )
 
Hello again!

The new one looks better of course, but it's still a long way from becoming a good image. Forget about it, next time you'll definitely do better :)
We all take hundres of pictures that go directly to the trash can... it's important to be objective with our own work.

Have a nice day!

Regards,
LizardKing
 
O, my poor lantern... :(

That is OK.... i am fine :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom