The last 7 days of my life... (not for the squeamish)

wow!

good to hear it went well and that you are on the way of recovery!

All the best from Germany.

All the best from Scotland, Matt.
Look forward to having you back posting more of your stunning images!!

:thumbup:

more best wishes and good vibes here, Matt. Didn't know about the heart transplant either. Good to know you're ready to go home!

pascal

Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery Matt. 3 days ago (17 May) was exactly 12 months since I had my own angioplasty (stent fitted) done, so I know exactly what you're going through. I remember very well the pain involved in getting the artery to close up after the surgery and the bouts of doubt you go through whenever you feel something you've not felt before. I had one of those a few weeks ago when I was last in the UK and ended up spending a night in casualty whilst they checked me out. Also still waiting for a stress technecium test to happen, but they don't have a date available until August for me at the moment.

Anyway, get well soon and let us know how it's going.

I just went through some traumatic weeks and learned a couple of life lessons

1) don't put off doing the fun things
2) don't let little annoyances make you crazy

Congrats to all on making it through the trauma successfully.

Thanks a lot everyone. I am indeed home now, recovering. I've got a nice line up of movies and good food to keep me off my feet and happy. Thanks again for all of your kind words.

Chris of Arabia, what is your diagnosis? Sounds like some coronary artery disease? I have my regular heart caths to monitor for this disease, so they can catch it early. It always a problem down the road for heart transplant patients, because the meds increase cholesterol. Best of luck to you.

At the time, they were saying it was unstable angina, so definitely CHD. When they did the angiogram, they found that one of the main 3 arteries was 90% blocked. Though I didn't actually have a heart attack, as far as I can gather it was about as close to one occuring as you'd want to get. I got pretty lucky and got enough of a warning to get something done about it, but not everyone gets that.

I am glad to hear you are home and able to continue to recover in your own surroundings :hug::
I wish you all the best as you get back to 100%

Nasty complication of cath, glad you caught it in time and you and your leg are ok :thumbup: I'm assuming that you're on prednisone as part of your imunosupressive therapy, that increases femoral site complications post cath. For future reference you should be aware of the higher complication rate and the symptoms so you catch them early before it's too late.

Thanks again everyone for your well wishes. Things were going well, but alas, I am again in the hospital. Not too serious. I developed a fever yesterday (which is never good after surgery), and decided to come back :) After a CT scan, a large hematoma was discovered in my abdomen from some excess blood that did not disipate after the surgery. It's causing some pain and possibly the fevers. Just to be safe, I'm getting a boatload of IV antibiotics.

Here's hoping I get to go home tomorrow, or at least Monday. Enjoy your holiday everyone.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back