The Life of a Cherry

dklod

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thought I would put together a small collection of images I took whilst waiting for our cherries to ripen. A few of these are a little out of focus and or dark purely because the conditions were not the best for taking photos.

P1010621.jpg

Flower about too bloom. You can see the cherry at the base of the flower bud

P1010553.jpg

The flower blooms and cross pollenation happens

P1010628.jpg

Flower dies off as the cherry grows

P1010627.jpg

Flower completely gone leaving the lone cherry on the stem

P1010792.jpg

Cherry ripens and is within days of picking. In most of these shots the objects are moving in the wind which made focusing next to impossible so go easy on me if you are going to critique.

i must say i never knew that is how a cherry grows...its not even 8 and i learned something, its going to be a good day..

I can't explain why but that first shot is pretty sweet.

Nice pictures! I've never seen a cherry tree! They look very tasty!

Very nice series, dklod. Right down to the fact that the last one made me hungry for some cherries. Delicious pics. ron

Hey, never knew that's what the early stages looked like. Thanks for sharing. (And I now have a craving for cherries)

the real question is who can tie a cherry stem in a knot with their tongue...?

I can! Ladies, please form a calm and single file line to the right... :biggrin:

the real question is who can tie a cherry stem in a knot with their tongue...?

I can! Ladies, please form a calm and single file line to the right... :biggrin:

That's a misnomer. And I would think the roles should be reversed.

Nice series of pics.

Hey, never knew that's what the early stages looked like. Thanks for sharing. (And I now have a craving for cherries)

How about I put you out of your misery. This was the first year that the trees were old enough to produce export quality fruit and they did not disappoint. Our largest were over an inch and a quarter in diameter and had a real crunch when you bit into them (they should not be soft). I'll post some pics I took from the top of a roof on the property.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back