What's new

The Life of Brutus

Dikkie1

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Nov 20, 2005
Messages
999
Reaction score
354
Location
Belgium / Brussels
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I sow some seeds of a Sequoiadendron Giganteum in a small pot., on march 14 2013...
Still looking small in comparison with garden gnome Marcellus Wallace at the left side.

I'll call my first tree 'Brutus'.

8558385798_a803aaca1f_z.jpg



The Sequoia seed started to germinate. 30th of march 2013, it was his birthday:

8603095581_e3e36d48e4_z.jpg


Within a few hundred years, this tree will be up to 270 feet tall 8-)
Lookin' forward to it !


The 5th day, in the life of Brutus:

8616133687_cc6b2f71d4_z.jpg


You can already see his first 4 needles coming through!
I'll keep you posted later on, of course!
 
Last edited:
That last shot is great. I don't even mind the heavy vignette in this case.
 
The last shot is interesting because of the colors and composition, but all other ones don't attract me, probably due to the missing link between the objects (#1 & #4) or detalisation (#2 & #3).
 
He's getting red brown needles right now...
I'm wondering if I'm giving him too much or too less water, or soo much sun...
 


He's become one year old at the moment :)​
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom