What's new

The Light Wasn't With me Tonight...

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
2,175
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
At all. Lame sunset, dull intensity, and a massive family were fishing/crowding a significant portion of where I had wanted to shoot. Needless to say I'm un-impressed, but here's what I came up with. Boo.

Bluff Point by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Jake
 
I like what you did with the greenery though! Good job.
 
Sometimes you hit the home run. Other times it's batting practice. This one's at least first base.
 
I like what you did with the greenery though! Good job.

If only the sunset was a winner, it woulda been solid. I was trying out some new ideas with composition on long exposures.

Cheers,
Jake
 
Sometimes you hit the home run. Other times it's batting practice. This one's at least first base.

Let's call it a bunt.. haha.

Jake
 
I like what you did here, actually. If this is what a bad shot looks like for you, you're doing pretty good.

I like what you did with the greenery as well as the rocks. I think the long exposure on the sunset actually adds an artistic effect. It might not have been what you were going for, but I think it works.
 
I like what you did here, actually. If this is what a bad shot looks like for you, you're doing pretty good.

I like what you did with the greenery as well as the rocks. I think the long exposure on the sunset actually adds an artistic effect. It might not have been what you were going for, but I think it works.

Glad you like it! I'm just really good at being harsh on myself.

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Bump for the morning crowd.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Like the greenery, rocks, sun, water and cloud movement ... hey, that's the whole thing !! :thumbup:

Maybe I'm too hard on myself? Glad you like it!

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Sometimes you hit the home run. Other times it's batting practice. This one's at least first base.

I think what our Canadian friend is trying to say with his misguided sports methphors is, "Sometimes, a goal is scored. Other times it's just skating back and forth, pushing a puck around and around. At least this time, you got a Molson in a cup, and didn't spill it allll over yer lap this time.eh?, but got to drink it all."
 
Sometimes you hit the home run. Other times it's batting practice. This one's at least first base.

I think what our Canadian friend is trying to say with his misguided sports methphors is, "Sometimes, a goal is scored. Other times it's just skating back and forth, pushing a puck around and around. At least this time, you got a Molson in a cup, and didn't spill it allll over yer lap this time.eh?, but got to drink it all."

As a former hockey player, that clears everything up for me [emoji108]

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Sometimes you hit the home run. Other times it's batting practice. This one's at least first base.

I think what our Canadian friend is trying to say with his misguided sports methphors is, "Sometimes, a goal is scored. Other times it's just skating back and forth, pushing a puck around and around. At least this time, you got a Molson in a cup, and didn't spill it allll over yer lap this time.eh?, but got to drink it all."

Hah! I'll have you know I've hit hundreds of home runs in the Walter Mitty stadium, and I know the difference between home plate and first base. And my home runs always hit the light at the back of center field. Fortunately the ground crews know my habits, and magically replace the lights in no time flat. :mrgreen:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom