The local steam train is running today.

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
They will often run an old Diesel with a horn that sounds like a ships fog horn. Tis a treat to hear the chug chug of the steamer & it's whistle.

P1120917-Edit.jpg

P1120918-Edit.jpg

That is so cool.

Interesting! I have a long history with ex CPR #136, which last operated by the railway here in New Brunswick. I was 14 when on a railfan trip in 1958 when I rode behind it. Saw it where you are, believe its the South Simcoe Railway when in the area on a railfan convention about 20 years ago.

Here's one of my photos of #136 taken in Cody's, New Brunswick in 1958:

CP%20136%20Codys%201958%20BB.jpg

Interesting! I have a long history with ex CPR #136, which last operated by the railway here in New Brunswick. I was 14 when on a railfan trip in 1958 when I rode behind it. Saw it where you are, believe its the South Simcoe Railway when in the area on a railfan convention about 20 years ago.

Here's one of my photos of #136 taken in Cody's, New Brunswick in 1958:

CP%20136%20Codys%201958%20BB.jpg

You were born the year we got married.

Two of my wife's brothers retired from the CN after working for them in Campbellton & Moncton yards.

Last edited:
Can you remind me where this is? My FIL would love it.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Can you remind me where this is? My FIL would love it.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

It is commonly known as the Tottenham Steam Train but is actually the South Simcoe Railway. It runs out of Tottenham ON which is 60 km/40mi north of Toronto.

Here is a link to it:
South Simcoe Railway

Thanks, I'll have to see about that way maybe next year when it's running and bring my FIL and the kids!

I rode that train out of Tottenham, when my kids were little. Hey, maybe it's time to go back and shoot a few pictures of this old technology on old technology film, before they both will whistle final good by.

Great stuff! Brings back memories of when I was a youngster.

Most reactions

Back