What's new

The Long Bridge

Frequency

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Oct 17, 2010
Messages
8,864
Reaction score
683
Location
Calicut, Kerala,India
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
5529471011_cda2e1eac6_b.jpg


Regards :D
 
Please tell me something;
PS: For me there is nothing like "Negative Criticism"
 
I'm quite happy with your composition here, placing the bridge on the border to the upper third of your frame, having the reeds (?) in the water point towards it somehow from below (lower third, left-hand side).
I'm not sure I quite like the duotone (?) treatment you gave this photo, it seems like the amount of blue makes details less discernible - assuming they could be seen better in either a true black&white conversion or in the original...
 

I love it! I think you could have cut out the plain blue at the bottom keeping in the... is it plants?
I also think the blue is quite strong. Unique though, and that can be a good thing.
I like the overall composition.
I would be interested to see what this would look like with its normal colouring and a bit of sharpening?
If you have the time I have a feeling you should try that unless I am allowed to do it for you?
GOOD JOB!
 
Sorry, I don't mean to be out-of-line or rude but as I was "attempting"( I try my best) to white balance the photo and enhance it (I read how you allow people to edit your photos)-
I noticed a bit of writing that seemed attempted to be gotten rid of.....Not one to pry just thought I would point it out.
If it IS your Watermark I would suggest next time you try to get it out of a photo to use the "heal" tool in GIMP on 80% opacity or slightly higher.....
Hope I helped
5529471011_cda2e1eac6_b.jpg
 
Isn't that a simple cloud?
 
Thank you Lafoto very much

and thank you New Photographer for all the troubles you have taken.
I think your work is really marvelous. And the thing you confused to be my signature is nothing but remnants of "photomatrix" as i had merged three images in a free version of it.
I request you to post your edited version ( i think it is better than the original i have with me) without that marking;
By the way how can the colours regenerated from a duotone i wonder !!!!
 
Thank you Lafoto very much

and thank you New Photographer for all the troubles you have taken.
I think your work is really marvelous. And the thing you confused to be my signature is nothing but remnants of "photomatrix" as i had merged three images in a free version of it.
I request you to post your edited version ( i think it is better than the original i have with me) without that marking;
By the way how can the colours regenerated from a duotone i wonder !!!!
Absolutely I will do it right away, sorry I wasn't meaning to be out-of-line I just don't like stolen images.
Good to know they are not!
And thanks Im glad you like the edit!!! :D
 
TBH I think I did a little better or worse on this one depending on how you feel. I tried to add colour to it to make it look like a reasonably sunny day.
Hope you like it.
Good job on the photo!
Do you know why it was purple???
5529471011_cda2e1eac6_b1.jpg
 
Thank you Lafoto very much

and thank you New Photographer for all the troubles you have taken.
I think your work is really marvelous. And the thing you confused to be my signature is nothing but remnants of "photomatrix" as i had merged three images in a free version of it.
I request you to post your edited version ( i think it is better than the original i have with me) without that marking;
By the way how can the colours regenerated from a duotone i wonder !!!!

oh and sorry I didnt see your question at the bottom.
I hope you have GIMP if not download it, its free.
You white Balance the photo
Then you basicly Duplicate the image then add colour to it and erase the parts where you don't want colour.
And keep doing it to different parts until you have it the way you want.
I know thats not a very good explanation but if you have questions about GIMP (I know how to do pretty much everything on there) Then feel free to email me:
karissalovesblair@hotmail.com
We could even swap pictures/ critique each other if you like?
 
I am also posting the original; your edited version has similar colors(but well saturated) as in this, which astonished me :D

5534243396_14da188c0f_b.jpg
 
I must appreciate your efforts; this worked really well for me. I like the idea of swap.. my email id cosmicintelligence@hotmail.com
You can start the work

Regards :D

Cool! I will definitely get around to emailing you at some point...Are you ok to look at erotic photography or would you prefer just portraits and landscapes...?
 
I am also posting the original; your edited version has similar colors(but well saturated) as in this, which astonished me :D

5534243396_14da188c0f_b.jpg

Oh yay! Cool! Im happy you were "astonished" lol, Im really not that good....Or maybe I am I spend at least 2 hours a day using GIMP you would hope I could do that lol
 
Since my images and works are seen by others, i prefer "can be seen by anyone" type images only. :lol:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom