The Miracle Staircase

TransportJockey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stretchermonkeyphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The staircase at Loretto Chapel in Santa Fe, NM C/C welcome.
DSC_1659.jpg

I saw this several years ago on a trip through N.M. As you know there's a very interesting story behind it. I'm sure you found, like I did, that there's lots of great photo op's in that part of the country.

This stair is worth spending some more time. Can you revisit and take more photos? If so, I would like to see a "photo essay"; some long shots to get the whole stair, using extra lighting, some detail shots, and some interesting angle shots.

You should check to see if you can use flash in there (most of the time it will be o.k. unless there is a function going on at the time). There is nothing like a donation to the church to help with permission.

This stair is worth spending some more time. Can you revisit and take more photos? If so, I would like to see a "photo essay"; some long shots to get the whole stair, using extra lighting, some detail shots, and some interesting angle shots.

You should check to see if you can use flash in there (most of the time it will be o.k. unless there is a function going on at the time). There is nothing like a donation to the church to help with permission.

You already have to make a donation just to see the thing. I don't remember if there was any restrictions against flash photography when I was there

I was planning on going back, but they do have a restriction against flashes. I took a few more that I'll load when I get home. But this was my favorite of the bunch.

Pretty nice. I would like to see it in better lighting/brighter. Would it be possible to get both of the spiral parts in focus rather than just the bottom rails?

I remember taking a few pictures from the front of the chapel towards the choir loft which the staircase leads to. Did you get any shots showing how it connects the sanctuary to the loft ? Also some closeups of the carpentry work would be nice. I'm curious to see what other views you got

Most reactions

Back