Milky Way Seychelles

GDHLEWIS

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I managed to plan my last trip to the Seychelles perfectly and obviously with a lot of luck from the weather gods. Happy with the shots, astro work is generally not my main thing, just something Im playing about with when the opportunity arrives.
C&C is always welcome, normally struggle editing these types of photos, but seem to be getting the hang of it now.
FujiX-S10 & Ronkinon 12mm f2
20 second exposure single frame ISO I cannot recall (not at my main computer but around 5000). Think next time Id drop it to 18 seconds exposure and bump the ISO a little more, some star trailing starting to show

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-08-07 at 19.58.09 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-08-07 at 19.58.09 (1).jpeg
    331.1 KB · Views: 28
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-08-07 at 19.58.09 (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-08-07 at 19.58.09 (2).jpeg
    411.8 KB · Views: 26
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-08-07 at 19.58.09.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-08-07 at 19.58.09.jpeg
    402.7 KB · Views: 28
Nice! The first and last have those little distractions in the corner and at the bottom and the second I’d guess the trees were lit from somewhere but well done. 👏

Nice! The first and last have those little distractions in the corner and at the bottom and the second I’d guess the trees were lit from somewhere but well done. 👏
Thanks, trees were not light, just a result of the shutter being open.

Thanks, trees were not light, just a result of the shutter being open.
I think you done a great job here to be fair, I’m looking now at mine and thinking I gotta get out again as it’s not close to those

Wow! I’d love to snap the Milky Way, but it’s rarely visible in Northern Europe - and I have no idea what to look for! I’ve tried randomly pointing camera in right direction ish, and hoping for the best - nada! Lol. Awesome shots

Wow! I’d love to snap the Milky Way, but it’s rarely visible in Northern Europe - and I have no idea what to look for! I’ve tried randomly pointing camera in right direction ish, and hoping for the best - nada! Lol. Awesome shots
Thanks, yeah I can never see the Milky Way where I live in Qatar. ITs only only holiday I get to see it. So I try to plan my holidays when the Milky way is out if I can in hopes of catching it. Multiple website and apps such as Photo pills are able to help you locate it

I think you done a great job here to be fair, I’m looking now at mine and thinking I gotta get out again as it’s not close to those
Thanks in fairness that was the best I have ever managed and I was lucky enough to have the time to scout a location during the day. Its a rather dodgy drive up a very steep mountain road with no lighting and no guard rails. But was worth it

Most reactions

New Topics

Back