The Mirage

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just seeing some pretty cool work and wanted to try somethin.

400-zusm0029copy.jpg

Torus34 said:
I understand what you did, but why?

I don't know for sure. Went in to darken the sky and give it a bit of color and- all of a sudden- found that I had spent 3 hours fooling with photoshop and mirroring the background.

As I mentioned, I've been seeing some pretty cool stuff here and I want to play too.

Maybe next time,... or maybe not.

Personalized Stamp said:
Can you show us the picture without the changes you made on the sky?

Sure.

4000029.jpg

woodsac said:
I like the original :)

Where you at in the Mojave? You look really close to me.

Let me sckootch my chair back a bit... skitch,..skitch,...skitch.... There; Hesperia- but I like getting out of town.

I was up there last month. Went to a workshop out of Bishop.
-
I like the original better too I guess.

well I like both shots, but theres not much you've posted that I don't like

lostprophet said:
... but theres not much you've posted that I don't like

Too true. Andy's speaking my mind here, Walter!
(Great minds and all that, Andy, eh? :D)

Oh, erm, but I tend to prefer the original to "the mirage".

woodsac said:
A little further south than I thought from your shots...but not much. I'm in Ridgecrest.

I've stayed in Ridgecrest a couple times, pretty nice although it is possible to buy a bad meal there. Once on the way to Death Valley, and once for the Little Lake petroglyph tour out of the Maturango museum. I need to do the China Lake tour someday. Was hoping to do it in December, but have something else come up. I need a decent town photo (probably from the hill south of town) for one of my web sites. - Never enough time. You ever shoot Robber's Roost?

LaFoto said:
Too true. Andy's speaking my mind here, Walter!
(Great minds and all that, Andy, eh? :D)

Oh, erm, but I tend to prefer the original to "the mirage".

How cool!- Thanks to you both!! -Group hug-

Anyway, tonight (right now) and tomorrow night the moon is as full as it gets and rises early. I'm going back out to the lake bed and try again. There are some really cool looking patterns out there and I want to see if the hard surface reflects enough light. Too many dirt bikers out there tonight, everybody wants to be in the picture when they see the camera.

I must say, I've seen some really great shots on the forum since August when I drifted in. Very inspiring. I got to push myself.

abraxas said:
... -Group hug- ...

Huh?- Hey, where'd everybody go?...

Anyway, I saw some impressive manipulated/mirror work by Gary Ladd on Arizona Highways web site. I'm happy enough with the last batch I shot at El Mirage to keep me out of doing this to my shots for awhile.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back