What's new

The Monte Rosa Trail in Infrared

Joined
Apr 15, 2012
Messages
198
Reaction score
10
Location
London
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone!
Just got back from a pretty gruelling 8-day hike, the monte rosa trail. The scenery was amazing and I managed to get quite a few shots including some infrared photos. As usual, I'd love some honest critique on these 4 of my favourite infrared shots. Thanks in advance :)

IMGP9806EDIT.jpg


IMG_9151.jpg


IMG_9143-1.jpg


IMG_9135.jpg
 
To be honest, something about pic 1 doesn't quite strike me right, I can't quite put my finger on what though. I absolutely love pic 3. I think it might benefit from the red/blue channel swap, but I love the composition of it.

Take my post with a grain of salt though, I literally just got my first IR filter today and took it out to play with. I haven't gotten anything worth posting. Are you shooting with a converted camera or just using a filter?
 
zombiemann said:
To be honest, something about pic 1 doesn't quite strike me right, I can't quite put my finger on what though. I absolutely love pic 3. I think it might benefit from the red/blue channel swap, but I love the composition of it.

Take my post with a grain of salt though, I literally just got my first IR filter today and took it out to play with. I haven't gotten anything worth posting. Are you shooting with a converted camera or just using a filter?

Thanks for the feedback! It is a bit hit and miss editing ir on photoshop and I know what you mean about pic 1. I'm just using a hoya r72 filter with a pentax kr for pic 1 and a canon 450d for the rest.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom