The Montmartre Painter

'Daniel'

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Taken in sunny/cloudy conditions on a busy street. I would appreciate critique on composition, colouring and just general aesthetic appeal.

It was taken with my Fuji Finepix A330, anyone who knows the camera knows I can't post up specifications.

painterfinal7bj.jpg

Thanks and OTE

i like the artist...his hand position and concentration. the background is a bit busy for me though.

Me too. Less DOF would help emphasize the artist here.

Put the camera in portrait mode and on the slowest ISO.

ksmattfish said:
Me too. Less DOF would help emphasize the artist here.

Put the camera in portrait mode and on the slowest ISO.

I think this would cut the photo a bit "short". The detail in the fence is nice and compliments the artist while being subtle enough not to overpower him. However, I agree beyond that point - too much going on.

Id crop it a bit differently... without so much top above his hut. And maybe slightly different angle. Look, that on the right, his "pallette" (thing on which he paints) is almost of the same colour as the wall behind it. It's hard to distinguish where does it end. So if you made one step on your right - the "pallette" would have a fence in the background, and there won't be a "big" pole growing straight from the painter's head.
And also DOF, but it was mentioned here. I encourage you to go there again and reshoot :)

It was in Paris and I live in England :(

Oh well, now I have an excuse to go back ;)

Thanks for advice everyone :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back