This is good!
Taken with the 300mm lens?
A bit of a crop from a larger original?
Nicely sharp, all the same! Wow.
And I love the fact that the sky is still blue. Actually I guess it was even lighter blue "in life" than shows here on this photo?
Yes this was taken with the 300 F4 with a 1.4 Tele attached so effective 420mm.
Yes this is cropped.
Was taken early morning, just before sunrise - the moon was still out bright. I was on my way to take some morning bird shots, so was handheld as I didnt have a tripod with me.
Very nice! I got a shot of the moon similar to this with my 55-200 at 200mm. It AMAZED me just how much detail a telephoto lens can resolve on the moon.
Actually, with the crop factor of the D200, you had an effective focal length of 630mm. Still, a very nice image and well done. Would be curious to know what your settings were- or how you eliminated the noise.