The Mountains Were Calling

I like the DoF on the last one ... however I'd probably try to achieve a more "juicy" colours on all .. in my opinion shadows and especially midtones are too dark ..

I like the DoF on the last one ... however I'd probably try to achieve a more "juicy" colours on all .. in my opinion shadows and especially midtones are too dark ..

All of the above are "Pixel Shift" images processed in ACR, which doesn't handle it well. Need to go back and run the raw file through PU5 first.

Not a lot of editing on these. The last was shot in the waning light of the day and is pretty close to actual view. The mountains were blocking the setting sun behind me, creating heavy shadows in the foreground. Sometimes I like to record what I see, even if it isn't "juicy".

Really punchy contrast looking a bit like old Ektachrome slide film. I like #2 most but reckon it could do with a tiny bit of dodging in the foreground

Went back and reprocessed #2 above in Pentax Utility as a Pixel Shift image. Everything else mostly the same, but there is a difference. Really surprising here is that there was quite a bit of wind, but the motion correction handled it well.
Gatlinburg Fall20211111_4970.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Last edited:
Wow - looks like a beautiful area! The colors are so rich, definitely autumn in the air. Very nice set, Smoke!

Wow - looks like a beautiful area! The colors are so rich, definitely autumn in the air. Very nice set, Smoke!

Thank you Terri. Fall is a little late this year for us, which might be good if the forecasts are right about winter this year. The longer we go without cold weather the better.

Sure beats anything I've been able todo this fall. Thanks for sharing.

Wonderful set! I like the one you redid in PU, it really brought out the drama in the fall colors.
If you like the last one, check out the Pentax thread I posted more there as processed Pixel Shift images.

Sometimes I like to record what I see, even if it isn't "juicy".
I wish there were more of that type of processing. I get kind of tired of seeing super-saturated colors, when I know that the actual scenes are likely NOT that colorful. If the photographers likes the scenes in the first place, the way he/she sees it, what's wrong with processing them that way?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back