The New Pentagon 9/11 Memorial... (10 Images)

donovanbrock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went today and snapped well over 200 pics of the new pentagon memorial. I was going to go last night for the official opening to the public at 7pm but weather didn't look like it was going to cooperate and I didn't have my bags with me at the time so I postponed it. I plan on going sunrise on sunday to get some awesome pics (which I will post here) with what i'm hoping is with no memorial patrons at the site and a clear beautiful sunrise. We will see.

But these are here for you all to enjoy, especially those that are not local.

Plug for the memorial: If you are interested in supporting the memorial or for more information check out http://www.pentagonmemorial.net

P.S. - If ANYONE wants the full hi-res of any of these images, let me know.

DSC_4048.jpg

DSC_4049.jpg

DSC_4053.jpg

DSC_4062.jpg

DSC_4072.jpg

DSC_4074.jpg

DSC_4085_6_7_8_9.jpg

DSC_4091.jpg

DSC_4092.jpg

DSC_4098.jpg

Everyone Please Enjoy. Like I said as well, more to come by the end of the weekend.

-Donovan

for my taste they are way to saturated and the highlights look as if they have been cranked up to high.
What are those diving board looking objects?

Those diving board objects are memorial benches all pointed in the direction the plane was traveling upon impact (east/west). Benches are facing one direction for the passengers and the other direction for the people in the Pentagon. All are separated by different measurements distinguishing the ages and many other things (for more description on this please see the included link). There is one bench for each of the people lost at the site and on the tip of the benches, the names are posted in a stainless steel plate. (http://memorial.pentagon.mil/description.htm)

Thanks for posting these shots and I look forward to seeing more as you get them. Never Forget.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back