The new pocket wizards

SnowNow12

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jemeryphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Can anyone please explain to me the difference between the new FlexTT5 Canon and the Mini TT1 Canon?
These both shoot in manual and ETTL, correct?
If I have two speedlights (580 EXII and 430 EX) is there any other set up you can recommend other than a transceiver and two receivers?
Is there anything else you can recommend that I would need to purchase with these?
Thanks again!

When I read that response, I knew exactly who wrote it.

Why not just point him to the links? Why roast him and make a poke like that? Everyone knows there are reviews all over the place. Maybe he looked. Maybe he did not. Is this not a forum for discussion on photography equipment?

By the way. http://www.pocketwizard.com/inspirations/technology/ gives a video you can watch. It covers the line.

Yeah, thanks. I did that PRIOR to posting and still didn't quite understand the difference or if there were any other things I needed to purchase. Usually people are really informative on here and provide ADDITIONAL information or opinions on products.... which is why I asked.

That's okay, I got my information by calling a photo shop in the city and got the information I needed. Oh, and by the way, one is a transceiver and one is a transmitter or receiver. I'm guessing you didn't know that because you didn't actually post a helpful response.

I've held off on the new models. I saw a video recently comparing them to the radio poppers on the Canon equipment. THe new PWs seemed to have some major radio issues with the Canon flashes and it caused some major loss in range. For now, I am in a holding pattern.

oooooh, good to know. I was just really excited about the ettl capabilities, but not worth losing the range.

And thanks for your previous post, but just a little fyi: I'm a chick :D

There are well known issues with the new PW's and Canon flashes. I was shocked that they didn't catch this in product testing. There's no word (that I've found) if there is a fix available or if one is forth coming any time soon.

I would avoid the new PW's for now. The old ones work great though.

Yeah. I read something about a "shield" to be used with the Canon flashes.

Most reactions

Back